Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Spies early transfer to MotoGP seems to be a hot topic with different views. Who wants to stick thier neck out and make a prediction on Spies result In his first GP in Valencia ? I know most of you will think im nuts but im thinking that hes the real article . Secondly Yamaha is looking to make him the next household name so the tech 3 team is gong to get extra help . ... drumroll .. 4th place

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,245 Posts
I will predict that he beats Hayden and makes a run on Edwards, but I'm not expecting miracles from the man his first outting. Just keep it on 2 wheels and finish the race. He's a smart rider and he won't get too crazy right out of the gate. Next year will be another matter!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm very interested in seeing his performance next year. I however seriously doubt he will finish the year any higher than 4th or 5th, and that's probably giving him a little too much credit. I wouldn't be surprised by a podium or 2 at some his favorite tracks, but compared to wsbk, he's def got his work cut out for him. I don't see him competing with the main 4 (rossi, lorenzo, pedrosa, and a healthy stoner) on a week-in/week-out basis next year. I think next year will see him primarily racing against the almost always leader of the 2nd wave in motogp, colin edwards, (which is not necessarily a bad thing for his first year). I also may be totally wrong, and he may do just what he's doing in wsbk, and make rossi look like a dmg club racer.:lol:

Edit: for some reason I thought you wanted a predicton on his 1st year standings. Wild-card at valencia, 5th. 4th if he's lucky and someone has a bad race.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Actually this is not his FIRST MotoGP race, he did a wildcard on the Suzuki last year in the rain at Indy....I think 5th or 6th place then.

And I think he'll do about the same, top 5 or about, I do think his riding style will work a little better than other WSB riders, he really likes to load the front up and that seems to the major problem with other riders lacking front end feel.

Next year? he's hungry but it's a big step and it will also depend on who from his current crew he takes, set-up communication is key.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
5th at least

·
Registered
343 Posts
6th place and that would be very respectable considering the who the top 4 are.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Since Spies early transfer to MotoGP seems to be a hot topic with different views. Who wants to stick thier neck out and make a prediction on Spies result In his first GP in Valencia ? I know most of you will think im nuts but im thinking that hes the real article . Secondly Yamaha is looking to make him the next household name so the tech 3 team is gong to get extra help . ... drumroll .. 4th place
It won't be his first GP, but I think 4th is a good prediction considering he got 6th on a Suzuki last year which is arguably inferior to the M1.

12th at best.
Uhm, he did 6th on a crappier back last year at Indy, in the rain.

I will predict that he beats Hayden and makes a run on Edwards, but I'm not expecting miracles from the man his first outting. Just keep it on 2 wheels and finish the race. He's a smart rider and he won't get too crazy right out of the gate. Next year will be another matter!
See my above two responses.

Actually this is not his FIRST MotoGP race, he did a wildcard on the Suzuki last year in the rain at Indy....I think 5th or 6th place then.

And I think he'll do about the same, top 5 or about, I do think his riding style will work a little better than other WSB riders, he really likes to load the front up and that seems to the major problem with other riders lacking front end feel.

Next year? he's hungry but it's a big step and it will also depend on who from his current crew he takes, set-up communication is key.
+1 I think it will be somewhere between 4th-6th.

6th place and that would be very respectable considering the who the top 4 are.

I can agree.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Goblin thanks for the info I dint know Spies was in a GP before ? I was out of motorcycling fo the first time in my life for 6 yrs. So Im catching up. Sory for late responce ive been in the hospital for the last week ( Pain center)

·
Registered
282 Posts
8th with 2 crashers in front of him....and he either beats Toes or watches Toes go down in front of him attempting to go balls out!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Alaywa Spies took Toselens ride, hes out altogher
Next year yes, but for the Valencia race Spies is being shipped a test Yamaha M1 from Japan to be run on a wild card Yamaha factory bike (not Fiat and not Tech 3)

So the yahama line up for Valencia race will be...

Rossi, Lorenzo (Fiat Yamaha M1)

Toseland, Edwards (Tech 3 Yamaha M1)

Spies (Factory Yamaha M1) *Wild card*

1 - 20 of 22 Posts