Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i wanted to share this with you guys, and ask for prayers for this young deputies family in this difficult time. i spent all day today at this funeral and it was yet another tragic loss of life that truly was senseless. there were officers from as far away as pittsburgh pa that came to show there respect. the young deputy was only 23 with his wife 8 months pregnant with his first son. he was an avid motorcyclist as well, and loved the outdoors and being an deputy sheriff. this was basically in my back yard only an hour away, i also have a very close friend that works with this agency and was one of the deputies training officers. the suspect was shot and killed on scene by another deputy that responded with him to the call. justice was served on the suspect, but it will never bring our deputy back to us. thank you for taking the time to look at this, and for all the prayers...

please take time to watch the video....
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/watauga-co-deputy-be-laid-rest/nP7RN/

·
Registered
596 Posts
At least the family won't have to relive the murder over and over again as the suspects trial drags on for years. Too many roads and highways in our country are named for slain officers.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Hey bro, I saw that on ODMP and wondered if he was close to you.
Sorry for the loss. Thoughts and prayers to his family and the 2nd family (department).

I know that every time things like this happen we look back and re-evaluate ourselves. We have to fall back on our tactics and training and we have to let others know when they slip up.

I read about the 911 and the suspect laying in ambush. God speed.

Yall stay safe out there.

To the officer and family:

The Final Inspection

The policeman stood and faced his God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining.
Just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, policeman.
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My church have you been true?"

The policeman squared his shoulders and said,
"No, Lord, I guess I ain't,
Because those of us who carry badges
can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
and at times my talk was rough,
and sometimes I've been violent,
Because the streets are awfully tough.

But I never took a penny,
That wasn't mine to keep....
Though I worked a lot of overtime
When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around
Except to calm their fear.

If you've a place for me here,
Lord, It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't.....I'll understand.

There was silence all around the throne
Where the saints had often trod.
As the policeman waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, policeman,
You've borne your burdens well.
Come walk a beat on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in hell."​

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
very sad. always sad. prayers to the family

·
Registered
9 Posts
Heard the news from my parents. Grew up in that area as well. Even though I live further away now it still hits home. My thoughts and prayers are extended to his family, friends, department and his partner who responded to his side.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,050 Posts
Prayers sent YB. Really sorry to hear about this. You LEO's be safe out there and thanks for your service.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Prayers sent, and thank you guys for what you do. He knew the risk and im sure he personally accepted the fact this could happen which does make him a hero, my heart is broken for his wife and unborn child.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just some info on the amount of support that was at teh funeral on tuesday. almost 2500 people turned out at the church. there were 249 patrol cars from various states, cities, and counties at the church in total and a little over 100 in the funeral precession itself that left from the church that took the family to its small family cemetary in boone. we even had 2 cars from ontario canada that made the trip down, i actually had the opportunity to meet and get a few pics with 2 officers that drove down from pittsburgh pa. the amount of people that showed up was truly amazing to see, and to be a part of that was a true honor! thank you guys for taking the time to look at this, and for all the support and prayers. :patriot:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
my prayers go out to his family YB...you guys stay safe out there on those streets brother

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
:rip:

Glad to hear the support was tremendous for this officer. Hopefully the support has helped his family cope a little better.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,033 Posts
Tragic and senseless loss. :headshake

Thoughts to the friends and family left behind.

:rip:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
i wanted to share this with you guys, and ask for prayers for this young deputies family in this difficult time. i spent all day today at this funeral and it was yet another tragic loss of life that truly was senseless. there were officers from as far away as pittsburgh pa that came to show there respect. the young deputy was only 23 with his wife 8 months pregnant with his first son. he was an avid motorcyclist as well, and loved the outdoors and being an deputy sheriff. this was basically in my back yard only an hour away, i also have a very close friend that works with this agency and was one of the deputies training officers. the suspect was shot and killed on scene by another deputy that responded with him to the call. justice was served on the suspect, but it will never bring our deputy back to us. thank you for taking the time to look at this, and for all the prayers...
I've been away from the forum for a bit.. Just logged on to read this tragic news. Prayers to the family, friends, his department and co-workers. There are those who give their all and have their lives taken to early. And then there are the cowards who take from all yet should be given their end.. to be judged by The Almighty.

Stay safe my fellow brothers and sisters.. Never let your guard down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts