Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Congrats, I remember buying my first home with the Warden 5 years ago, and it was just an awesome feeling.

I hope it all works out for you. Not to be an ass, but buying a house with the GF is a big deal, I would either put a ring on it or be ready to have some legal documents that protect both of you guys from each other when making such a big purchase. Take it the right way bro, I'm sure she is great, but life and relationships can be a mofo.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
buying a house with the GF is a big deal, I would either put a ring on it or be ready to have some legal documents that protect both of you guys from each other when making such a big purchase. Take it the right way bro, I'm sure she is great, but life and relationships can be a mofo.
God that is great advice. cuhuba.....Rep Sent my friend. :thumbsup:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
if its ment to happen it will, but good luck with the house cough cough "rotors" LOL dont let the gf see what I put she might kill me haha, oh and to the people up above, I'm young but my wife and I arent really married in the sense we didnt sign a legal sheet of paper, but we have been happy for a long time and own just about everything as a hole!!! But it can be hell, and I see your guys point of view also on the gf thing with a house, something could always happen. But something could happen to anyone even a married guy you know!!!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Not trying to offend anybody or poop on anybody's house buying parade. I think buying a house, especially with someone you love is outstanding.

Financially I am an idiot. My wife gets all the money and pays for things. It's easier for me and I trust that women more than I trust myself. We will die happy old people.

But having some form of legal document, wedding certificate or legal agreement, is imperative. Life can take a lot of crazy turns and people just need to be smart, I see it everyday.

My wife and I are both blessed with great careers and make similar money. No prenups or other crap was ever signed since we were both broke shit students when we married.

Again, best of luck on the new crib. If it's meant for you, it will happen. Keep us posted. best regards.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yeah I'm right there with you, I just get paid an hand over the money for bills then go play haha!!! My wife loves to handle the bills and so do I, even though I do check up on her here and there to just double check, but who wouldnt!!! Trust is the key, you either have it or dont!!!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good luck....This is the time to buy too.

:eek:ccasion1
Man you ain't kidding...we should get 8000 back free and clear within 30 days of closing. Hmm what costs 8000 dollars and is right up my alley *cough* new bike *cough* :lol: And the rate of interest is low low low.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats, I remember buying my first home with the Warden 5 years ago, and it was just an awesome feeling.

I hope it all works out for you. Not to be an ass, but buying a house with the GF is a big deal, I would either put a ring on it or be ready to have some legal documents that protect both of you guys from each other when making such a big purchase. Take it the right way bro, I'm sure she is great, but life and relationships can be a mofo.
Once again, good advice from ya man. And yeah I agree it is a HUGE deal to me. The ring is coming soon though. And I trust this woman with my life and finances. She is so good with the bills and money I just let her have at it. It is so good and refreshing to be in a great healthy relationship. I feel truly blessed.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if its ment to happen it will, but good luck with the house cough cough "rotors" LOL dont let the gf see what I put she might kill me haha, oh and to the people up above, I'm young but my wife and I arent really married in the sense we didnt sign a legal sheet of paper, but we have been happy for a long time and own just about everything as a hole!!! But it can be hell, and I see your guys point of view also on the gf thing with a house, something could always happen. But something could happen to anyone even a married guy you know!!!
:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys keep those good vibes flowing till at least Tuesday! :fingerscrossed:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
my wife is still angry that i wasnt "more excited" when we bought our house. she looks at it as fun and whatever, i look at it like work all the time hahaha. congrats on the new place! i agree with cuhuba btw

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK so here's my little update. It seems we were outbid on the house by about 6 g's even though we bid over cost. So we have been looking for other houses. Nothing looked as good for the price around here...we really found a great house for a great price. Well, I get a call today...it seems the financing for the guy who outbid us fell through. We have to finalize the paperwork tonight but it looks like we got it! We were second in line and it's ours now...no worries of anything falling through as we are pre-approved WOOT WOOT!

this is me right now: ---> :mrgreen: <---

Thanks peeps!

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
congrats, i remember buying my first home with the warden 5 years ago, and it was just an awesome feeling.

I hope it all works out for you. Not to be an ass, but buying a house with the gf is a big deal, i would either put a ring on it or be ready to have some legal documents that protect both of you guys from each other when making such a big purchase. Take it the right way bro, i'm sure she is great, but life and relationships can be a mofo.
:+1:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts