18. Alex HOFMANN, Ducati, 1:43.781
19. James ELLISON, Yamaha, 1:45.239

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Mar/tb/060324x.htm

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Mar/tb/060324y.htm

Attachments

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I dont like pedrosa in front of Hayden...

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,388 Posts
Looks like Rossi got the chatter problem figured out!

I'm rooting for Shinya though. Looks like he's right in the mix. Should be a good opener to the season.

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sonic 10R said:
Hayden's just not a world beater. You can see it everytime he rides :sad:
:iamwithst

don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him win everything but I totally agree

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Sonic 10R said:
Hayden's just not a world beater. You can see it everytime he rides :sad:
theres no way to know at this point what Nicky's capable of, most importantly on a brand new bike for 06, and yes he has done all the development work on it for it. What does everyone say when he practices and qualifies at the front huh???............i dare say squat, nothing other than comment about some other rider.........baaaaaaaaaa horseshit!!! :fu2:

BD

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Big Daddy said:
What does everyone say when he practices and qualifies at the front huh???.......
I'd say he's a good qualifier. Just because a rider can qualify doesn't mean he can race. Nicky's not riding much different than when he was in the AMA, just the competition is a lot better.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I'm just damn happy to see those F'kn Suzuki's so far down. I do feel for Vermulen though.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
YSR50 said:
I'd say he's a good qualifier. Just because a rider can qualify doesn't mean he can race. Nicky's not riding much different than when he was in the AMA, just the competition is a lot better.
yes thats very true however Nicky is riding far better than he ever did in AMA and yes the competition is way better AND whom else is challenging Rossi ??? anybody consistantly??? not since Sete did a couple years ago so not only is Nicky not challenging Rossi but nobody is, so how can he be a world beater? is he required to beat Rossi consistantly to gain the deserved recognition or simply challenge at the front and finish in the top 3?? The later 1/2 of the 05 season saw Nicky exhibit the pace to contend for wins and beat Rossi and all comers.

BD

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Big Daddy said:
yes thats very true however Nicky is riding far better than he ever did in AMA and yes the competition is way better AND whom else is challenging Rossi ??? anybody consistantly??? not since Sete did a couple years ago so not only is Nicky not challenging Rossi but nobody is, so how can he be a world beater? is he required to beat Rossi consistantly to gain the deserved recognition or simply challenge at the front and finish in the top 3?? The later 1/2 of the 05 season saw Nicky exhibit the pace to contend for wins and beat Rossi and all comers.

BD
the old man does have a point...

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Big Daddy said:
ya fuggen right i do and a goodun f'sho!!

BD
yeah yah do and i think Nicki is awesome just not consistent enough but there is still plenty of time and i hope he wins everything if i had my way...however i see Melandri as the man after Rossi with Nicki close behind...and Sete if he quits racin in the hay field might have a chance

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
SkyDork said:
Looks like Rossi got the chatter problem figured out!
As I read on crash.net before the problem is still there but the engineers have minimised the chatter & Rossi is riding around it, not good news if you're trying to beat him:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
nahhhhhh why would anyone be trying to beat him?! i mean thats not why they race is it?? its just one big conga line for some 25-30 laps and then they gather in the pits for a BBQ afterwards. :lol:

BD

·
Registered
940 Posts
Yeesh, Nicky hasnt even crashed out yet and everybodys got their panties in a wad..

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Hopefully Gib will get his head back in it this year. It'll be strange seeing him on a Duc.

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Big Daddy said:

BD
sorry but I didn't see Nicky challenging for wins much last year, besides Laguna. I did see him running at or near the front but there's a difference between the two. I guess you can call him a world beater but I don't think he's champion material, I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
YSR50 said:
sorry but I didn't see Nicky challenging for wins much last year, besides Laguna. I did see him running at or near the front but there's a difference between the two. I guess you can call him a world beater but I don't think he's champion material, I hope I'm wrong.
mmmm did ya watch the Phillip Island?? yes Nicky, Marco and Rossi nose to tail till the end, so this does prove he can run the pace and challenge for wins. He also ran up front in a few races following Laguna as well so while its not race wins its a deffinate improvement over his previous years performances where he qualified well but faded to 5-6th place finishes.
Theres no doubting some riders excell instantly in any form of racing while others take time to develope to reach that fine line it takes to win.

BD

1 - 20 of 27 Posts