Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install the Speed Input and Gear Positon harnesses to my 07 10R. I already have a GiPRO installed. The instructions say that I need to find the signal wire of the speed sensor for the Speed Input harness. The BL/Y wire of the sensor is hooked to the W wire of the GiPRO and the BK/Y is hooked to the BK wire on the GiPRO. For the Gear Position harness the BK wire is hooked to the BK wire on the GiPRO and the G/R wire is hooked to the G GiPRO wire. Can anyone tell me which of these wires are the signal wires. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Isn't there anyone out there who can help or at least tell me how I can determine which one is the signal wire?

·
Registered
241 Posts
yo

i have an 07 se here is a link to the manual i am not sure of the answer to your question but there are detailed schematics in there plus its a crap ton useful and everyone should have one

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already have the manual which is how I found which color wires I needed to locate. I was just hoping someone who installed one of these hubs knew which wires I needed to hook into before I went trial-and-error searching.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are two different leads so need two different signal wires, one for speed and one for gear position. Any more replies?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I am waiting for an answer on this also. I have a GiPro hooked up and about to put my PC3 on in a few weeks when I get back in country.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the answer I got from Tech Support: It should be the blu/yel. The gear wire does not need to be hooked up if you are going to use speed. The PC can calculate what gear the bike is currently in based off of speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts