Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys who weigh 100kg + find your ten's overall performance in terms of acceleration, cornering etc. Sure set up contributes to handling but do you feel being over 100kg's is a deficit? ................and if so in what respects?

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Zega said:
How do you guys who weigh 100kg + find your ten's overall performance in terms of acceleration, cornering etc. Sure set up contributes to handling but do you feel being over 100kg's is a deficit? ................and if so in what respects?
how much is 100kg's in non furner measurements......lbs????

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Well, to give you an idea a fatboy weighing 100 kg would have to have 162 hp to keep up with a guy weighin' 85 kg putin' out 150 to the rear wheel.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
100 kg lean and mean, lotsa muscle. NOT FAT! :wink: Sure a heavier rider must be at a disadvantage being heavier, common sense, but a slightly heavier better rider can obviously smoke a lighter guy who cant ride.

Just wondered how the bigger more muscular :badteeth:guys felt there size influenced their riding. I also find I battle to tuck in at high speed where I get a sorta swirling wind effect behind my shoulders.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I realize that I'm getting too fat in my old age, and it affects my riding in many ways. Obviously, acceleration is one. Position on the bike is another. When I lay on the tank as I get hard on the gas, my gut is obviously keeping me up in the wind more and back away from the tank more. That translates into more wind drag and less wheelie control. And, of course, just being out of shape makes a day on the track more draining. Eventually I get tired and body shifts get sloppy. On the plus side: I look right at home on my VTX cruiser!! :rolleyes: (I could really use a personal trainer to kick me in the ass).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts