Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I bought a digital recorder and a bullet cam for the bike and when i hooked up the power from the battery on the bike, I get diagonal interference lines on the recorded video. Howerver, when i plug the ac adapter to the digital recorder, the video is clean. I know I need a filter to clean up the signal, but what kind? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
My friend had the same problem when running the mic and bullet came on his setup. The interference is coming from the charging system.

You need some sort of noise filter on the power input to catch the noise before it gets to the bullet cam. I will ask him and see if what he used and where to get it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sneaky said:
My friend had the same problem when running the mic and bullet came on his setup. The interference is coming from the charging system.

You need some sort of noise filter on the power input to catch the noise before it gets to the bullet cam. I will ask him and see if what he used and where to get it.
Thanks! Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
zx10ragentblack said:
then why exactly did you reply???:dontknow: Oh thats right Chad you R1 people are a bit....shall we say SLOW:spit:

Than why did you reply :heyyou:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well he told me he put some sort of capicitor inline, but does not remember right off hand as it was several years ago when he built the setup.

·
Registered
567 Posts
dont worry about the capacitor or filters just get an r/c rechargeable battery on ebay, $10 looks like a small car battery and is sealed. this way you have a steady low power current without the interference. i have a buddy that has studied tons of ways to get it right to run the camera off bike power. some bikes have filters already in-line on certain lights, some tail light power. you could try wiring it to the license plate light. me i just got an r/c 1:5 size car battery and it works great. the 12 volt adapter actually controls the amount of juice for a smooth flow. straight off battery you will get engine interference and noise if final picture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts