Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m curious if any of you fellow racers have relocated your power regulator & fuse box..?

Mounting & re-mounting was getting to be a pain in the ass between stock & Hotbodies so I finally pulled the trigger for a relocation.

My mechanic bolted the regulator to the side of the engine (just above the front sprocket housing) and the fuse box above the air intake. This is where they put them on all the zx10s race bikes they were building in Toye’s shop. All that black rubber drape protection removed.

Anybody out there doing the same or different locations? Just curious

Attachments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The race kit parts have a catch can/mount for the crank breather and regulator relocation.
got it. looks like a good design

·
Always On Mod
1,844 Posts
My setup is like what you have shown in the pics SDsting. Had to lengthen the wires on my street bike to move the R/R down there. Others have stripped back the harness to give enough length and re-routed wires, but that seemed like too much work for me. I spaced the R/R away from the engine a bit into the airflow after I killed the first OEM R/R

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My setup is like what you have shown in the pics SDsting. Had to lengthen the wires on my street bike to move the R/R down there. Others have stripped back the harness to give enough length and re-routed wires, but that seemed like too much work for me. I spaced the R/R away from the engine a bit into the airflow after I killed the first OEM R/R
Cool. Yeah my guy made a new harness for my wiring as well.
What symptoms did a dead R/R give?

·
Always On Mod
1,844 Posts
Bike started and ran fine until the battery died. Recharge the battery and same would happen. Went a whole trackday charging the battery between sessions. There's a series of tests with a multimeter you can do, but my reg stopped putting out high enough DC to charge the battery

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you go faster now?
well faster than you.
but main point you missed is I go from stock to race skins faster.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I pop riveted a small bracket on the inside of my race fairings and just zip tie them to that. Seems to work pretty good.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would also suggest some sort of insulation from the heat of the motor and vibration dampening. I killed 2 r/r, one from heat, one from vibration using that location.
thanks, I'll talk to my guy about options for that. I'm not going to wait for it to die.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
do you go faster now?
well faster than you.
but main point you missed is I go from stock to race skins faster.
Well that was uncalled for I remember when SDsting was asking me questions on this forum in PMs and Green and now he is some SuperStar :crackup:

Hey Scout you want me to bring SDsting to the Drag Strip and Show him how slow he is? :crackup: :idea:

Bloo

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the gen1 1/8th mile guy that wadded his bike at a stoplight.. whatever mod hero.

Reactions: moto316
1 - 13 of 13 Posts