Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got the bike and only have 300 miles on it. Yesterday I rolled on the throttle and the bike was bogging down in every gear at just about 6000rpm. It almost felt like the bike was hesitating. What the hell is going on? Has anyone had this happen to them before?

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Have you done anything to it, or is it still stock?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Bad gas would affect all RPM ranges IMO, I would guess the fuel line or harness to the secondary bank of injectors. If it is under warranty I would let the shop square it away.

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
bad gas would affect all rpm ranges imo, i would guess the fuel line or harness to the secondary bank of injectors. If it is under warranty i would let the shop square it away.

:+1:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
heck id double check the gas lines and gas.

its a brand new engine give it a lil while longer...doesnt make sense tho....hmmm...seems to me tho its probably the gas being how its Sep of 09 and your bikes an 08 could possibly be the gas...and the bikes 100% stock...no pc or anything like that?/

·
Registered
86 Posts
Does it bog at the initial roll on and then pick-up as you roll back off the throttle and the RPMs rise? Mine did this and it drove me nuts. I attributed it to the secondary butterflies and or a slow moving exhaust servo. Got rid of both and it's gone. I wouldn't do either though if you think you'll be taking you bike in for service.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
take it back to the dealer!..........no reason a 300 mile bike should be doin this......although bad gas is a possibility if it has been sitting on the showroom floor for 1 year + with the same gas!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
don't tell em you have had it up that high in the RPM range though......just tell em it is boggin...........6000 RPMs AT 300 miles is against break in recomendations...........they might give you shit over it........? IDK??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts