Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 04 zx10r but I'm putting a port polish head and I was thinking about doing ceramic bearings in my transmission.....I was wondering can I get more power on the bottom end with ceramic bearings or stay stock bearing.....and how much more power will I gain with a 08 port polish head

·
Registered
254 Posts
marginal power gains from trans ceramic bearings and added labor splitting cases/installing. not worth it imo. have gen 1 head ported, all about same when finished. power level dependent on who ports head, which int cam, which head gasket, head milled along with precise valve job or not, exhaust pipe and tuning. not much to be gained just swapping head. all these things work together. that said, i make 190'ish, 87ft lbs torque on stk gen 1 total package on oxy fuel.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
That amount of work ain't quite gonna be worth it. A proper good tune on a proper good exhaust is all you really need on these bikes. Depends on what your end goal is.

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you change the cams while your in there. Get your crank knife edged and micro polished and nitride coated. Get double valve springs with ti retainers. Change your pistons(go with something high silica content) get ti com rods or at least some decent h beam rods like carillo and a thin head gasket you will see significant gains. Not doing all of it will yeild gain but not much and probably not more than placebo as far as noticing the gains.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Kawasaki kit cams. Flash made the bigger improvement. Cams (and head gasket) moved the power up about 500rpm. More peak. Comes on strong above 8k. In hindsight probably not worth the expense unless competing. Pulls like you wouldn’t believe. But still no midrange. Full system should help. I’ll let you know once it gets dynoed again.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The short pipe and flash and race filter and ram air flap added to the top of mid range but unless I went with a longer pipe never gonna see mad power down low.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts