Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently just changed out my back tire on my 11 zx10r (10k odo). Bike was running just fine before now it seems like it's in limp mode because it won't go over 35 mph. Anyone else experience this? Also do to the ECU flash the fi light has been on since I purchased. Also I would like to get that fixed as well can anyone point me in the right direction?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's it just changed the tire, how can I check if the rear wheel sensor is the problem?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
That's it just changed the tire, how can I check if the rear wheel sensor is the problem?

Follow the link I posted and report back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok for the sake of replying back... After changing the air filter and spark plugs I'm running normal again. I checked all the plugs and they were out of spec (gap around 0.040) idk why it decided to go limp when it did but I'm happy I'm running again

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also no more FI light, lesson of the day don't believe anything without checking for yourself... Damn noobie mistake I've been dealing with bikes for too long to have made that mistake.

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
If running better with fresh plugs by initial is that secondary flies are not opening or partially opening. Second thought is that you used a fuel additive or fuel less than 91 octane or bad fuel. I would NOT go to past fuel stations used by the bike UNLESS you know for certain that your fuel station is trustworthy solid. If fuel not a problem then my next thought, as stated above, is secondary flies are not always opening. That little servo motor may be messed up. I had that problem on either 07 r1 or 07 FZ1 and ran thru plugs with each new set working for one hundred miles then back to dork. I removed the secondaries and installed commander to adjust and all good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only use 91 or above and secondary butterflies have already been removed

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I have seen zx10r, go bad suddenly on a trip.... especially on low revs, change the plugs and power comes back.

That is why I recommend change them every 10K kms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts