Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much fuel (- or +) does each point indicate on the PCIII software indicate? Is it a percentage measurement or what? I see numbers on your average map all the way from -20 to + 20, I find it hard to believe that you are taking out as much as 20% or adding 20% at any given rev or throttle %.

The reason I ask this is I took a standard evoII map and ran it for a week, bike seemed to be running a little rich, but the powerband felt fine, no holes or anything, but I was getting a little more black smoke and strong fuel smell coming from the muffler than I would like to see. So I took the Standard map and changed it by -2 across the board, every value, even the ones that were 0 I took 2 points off of. I have only rode the bike to work since then, and it seems to be running better actually, not as much popping on decel and the smoke looks to have went away, you can still smell a little fuel smell but it seems better.

I know dyno tuning is the only way to get your bike tuned proper or even a wide band would be a great help, but this is all I got for now, so tell me anyone, how much fuel did I actually take out across the board, leaning out the map 2 points across the board?

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
It is meant to be a percentage. I don't know how accurate it is.

You're not the first to find that a lot of those "standard" maps are way too rich at part load.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts