Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Need some help. I jsut finished putting a Muzzy Carbon Fiber Exhaust on my bike. I am looking at putting a power commander III onto my bike. I have also heard of other systems like the power commander. Any recommendations? Also, does anyone know of a good place that i can get one cheaper with the map already on it?

Thanks!

By the way, I just got done playing with the boys today and before I put the power commander onto it, I was out accelerating the other bikes to include an R1 and a Duck without any issues! I can't wait to get this thing Dyno'd and tuned up correctly.

·
Registered
163 Posts
:thumbsup:Congrats on the Muzzy, I have the full sys. Titanium with c/f can and I freakin' love it -- great sound. IMO bikes are dealt with on an individual basis. There are many factors like air filter or any other mods you've done. With that said -- you're best bet to dial in your bike correctly, is to get it mapped at a reputable dyno shop. Also, before you drop $250 on a map - get your a/f or modding done first. ............I haven't heard of anyone having complete sucess with "preloaded" maps ---too many flat spots in power ban. GL with a bitchin' exhaust.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks buddy,
What can I say, I LOVE MY MUZZY! All my buddies can only hear my bike even with their after market Exhaust. Thanks for the Advice. I plan on changing/adding K&N Air fliter adn then the Power Commander. I am debating on regearing the bike later. Not that i will ever have the balls to use all the power that this bike puts out. I have to admit that when that thing gets up in the power band she really moves. My buddies pull away slightly in the low end but for some reason....I catch them extremely fast when i get into the power band. I wonder if it could be that i am playing with them OR I am just taking it easier then them on the take off from stop signs. Either way, It is fun to watch their faces as i pull away and or come screaming past them on the straights.

Can't deny that the mussy scares the crap out of them as i do a high speed fly by!

Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
I installed a Two Bros slipon on my 08 and didn't like the performance I was getting out of it and was told that I didn't need a power commander with a slipon system.I went and installed a power commander III and the bike runs great.I got my power commander III from Fuel Moto USA and for like $270 they map it for you,you tell them everything you did to the bike down to the air filter and they take care of the mapping for you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jimmy, that gives me a good start! I can't wait to feel the way my bike handles once it all gets completed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you can, get a custom map in that PC3 instead and you won't regret it. Someone with an exhaust gas analyzer and a dyno can get the A/F just right and make that map perfect for your specific bike. Here in WA, there's a guy that does it for $150 and a service like that should cost something similar where ever you are at. It was truly the best mod I did to the bike. It isn't just about the outright HP either. The custom map gives you so much smooth power all across the range that it's an entirely different bike when it's done right.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Give Ivan a call, he will fix you up.

·
Registered
312 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts