Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm a new member and a recent purchaser of a 08 zx-10r. i just won the bid on a new power commander for my bike. Can anyone give me any pointers. What it will give me for power adds, any map helps, or even installing. I've been out of the street game since 2004 so... This is a bit new to me. Thanks saxy

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
You have a 08 zx10r and you bought a pcv or pvIII? auto tune? Its very simple to connect everything and sounds bad to say it but it comes with instructions to show you...But fill me in on your type of pc and thats when we can talk about getting a map downloaded or possibly I would say going to a tuner to get a custom map made etc. If its the auto tune unit it might be a little more work

But over all its very easy...and yes you will gain hp and torque with a right tune/map

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
You have a 08 zx10r and you bought a pcv or pvIII? auto tune? Its very simple to connect everything and sounds bad to say it but it comes with instructions to show you...But fill me in on your type of pc and thats when we can talk about getting a map downloaded or possibly I would say going to a tuner to get a custom map made etc. If its the auto tune unit it might be a little more work

But over all its very easy...and yes you will gain hp and torque with a right tune/map

abprep07....you know everything....so i ordered headers for the bike going to cut the cats and will see about this power

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I don't know everything lol, don't say that people will come out of the wood works and try to beat me up over here haha...

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Hey guys, I'm a new member and a recent purchaser of a 08 zx-10r. i just won the bid on a new power commander for my bike. Can anyone give me any pointers. What it will give me for power adds, any map helps, or even installing. I've been out of the street game since 2004 so... This is a bit new to me. Thanks saxy
First, :welcome: ...

Second.. you really shouldnt buy anything you do not have any knowledge on.. This will save you headaches and $$cash$$...

I suggest that you start researching this forum, and other publications.
The search function will help a lot.

Lucky

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks man

Well, I found out it is a dyno jet..... is that good or bad? He said it's a pc3....? I don't know much about it. I thought all pc3's were just pc3's not other brands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts