Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys,just fitted a de cat pipe to my 06 10r ,when i started her up and she got to running temp i knew something wasnt rite ...just would'nt 'take the throttle' ,ive read lots of posts about exhaust mods and i reccon a pc is needed ,also the fi red light is on ,the bike has slip on microns....advice gratefully received !!....thanks guys .....great site ....forgot to say ...took it a short run when it warmed up and its goin like a pig !!

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
...You've probably left something somewhere unplugged, mate. When the FI light is on, cycle the display over to ODO. Hold the either the RESET or the MODE button for about 3 seconds (it may be both at the same time, I don't have my manual here on me). The display will give you a DTC (diagnostic trouble code), and you can look it up in the service manual.... or post it up here for some kind soul to look up for you. I would, but my manual is about 7000 miles away :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...You've probably left something somewhere unplugged, mate. When the FI light is on, cycle the display over to ODO. Hold the either the RESET or the MODE button for about 3 seconds (it may be both at the same time, I don't have my manual here on me). The display will give you a DTC (diagnostic trouble code), and you can look it up in the service manual.... or post it up here for some kind soul to look up for you. I would, but my manual is about 7000 miles away :)
thanks for that spazona,one of the wires that comes from the decat pipe was unplugged from the connector ...bike still runnin real bad but at least the lite is off ! lookin like a pc is cummin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts