Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello My Dear Friends.
So, i recently got my 2012 zx10r. And i'm very happy with my decision and that move.
We are having a wonderful time and it's just a pleasure.
I went to my mechanic and he recommended me to get a power commander as i have an m4 street slayer exhaust installed.
Do you guys use PC on your bikes? Is better for the engine to have that device connected?
Is there anything i should know about it from you? ;)
Have a great day!
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
What other mods have been done to the bike? And is that a full system or just a slip on? It's looks like a full or atleast a cat delete but can't tell 100%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No other modifications i think. I just ordered a k&N air filter, but i have no idea what is sitting there at the moment. Haven't open her yet :) also should i do a spark plugs job? Bike has 8400 miles.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Don't bother with it. Just get it flashed by archer and get him to load a slip-on map. Look archer up on this forum, he's associated with Woolich Racing. Power Commander was useful back when nobody could connect to and modify maps bike's ecus. Nowadays, your bike included, it's all done without a power commander. That's not to say you can't put it on. You can, but it's absolutely unnecessary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! Yeah, i just cancelled my Power Commander order. Always good to ask. Thank you again for that important info. We learn something everyday :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
I would probably do the park plugs too but not any sooner than what the recommended maintenance schedule tells you (don't know what it is, look it up). You're not racing this thing so no reason to rush it. Besides, the plugs for these bikes aren't cheap.

·
Registered
569 Posts
You may want to look into super bike unlimited, flash tune, and Nels two wheel dyno works for ecu flashes as well unless you are comfortable tuning yourself. IF you can tune yourself go with woolich.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Archer, does not flash anymore, he just sells the woolich.

buy the woolich, install one of the maps from map share, as a good baseline. and then tune.

I have some good maps I can help you also...

power commander will not make your secondaries open 100% and your ignition... the woolich does.

·
Registered
461 Posts
:+1: on woolich racing tune/flash.. so much more you can do with there software than a power commander. :rockwoot:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Archer, does not flash anymore, he just sells the woolich.

buy the woolich, install one of the maps from map share, as a good baseline. and then tune.

I have some good maps I can help you also...

power commander will not make your secondaries open 100% and your ignition... the woolich does.
Apologies for the noob question but to tune a Woolich on from a baseline map does one need the Log Box or can the basic kit do it as well? I am leaving dyno tuning out of the equation.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Apologies for the noob question but to tune a Woolich on from a baseline map does one need the Log Box or can the basic kit do it as well? I am leaving dyno tuning out of the equation.
No you don't need the log box. The log box is really only for the autotune which also requires the zeitronix zx-3 wideband 02 sensor.

Check this site it explains the packages... also if you go through zx10archer he does offer a slight discount for forum members! :grin2:

2011-2015 Kawasaki ZX10R
USB (Mitsubishi) v2 Package

2012 Kawasaki ZX10R ECU Flashing

also here is a forum post about woolich some info is older in this but answers many questions about it.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/diy-ecu-flashing-woolich-racing-faq-165857.html

Reactions: vroomshankar
1 - 12 of 12 Posts