Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just loaded up a map on my power commander usb for my bike. TBR flange on pipe, map downloaded from the PC website. I had a PCR on my CBR954, and I could power up the PC without the bike actually running (just the key switched on) to load maps and such. I hooked up my laptop to the USB connection and turned the ZX key to on, bike not started. The lights on the power commander went up and down on the graph, but then went out, like the power was off. My laptop said that it was not communicating with the Power Commander and I could not adjust the throttle position. I started up the bike with the laptop connected and the program ran fine, gave me the throttle position and all other data and said the map was loaded. Is this normal for the ZX? If so, how do you adjust the throttle position? Right now at idle, its reading -4%....
On a related note, the fuckin air box sucks! I took the entire tank off and it still kicked my ass for 20 minutes, I was about to snap it in half. I pray I never need to take it out again!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Bike has to be running to download and retract maps from ZX-10 because the Power Commander gets power from the fuel pump.

In order to adjust the buttons you either have to plug in the power adapter with a 9 volt battery, or hold down all three buttons, turn the key on, release the buttons and start the bike. Now adjust the low, mid or high to your desired position.

To remove the airbox, disconnect all hoses and connectors. Remove bolts, then twist to the right (clockwise 1/4 turn) then up.

Hope that helps

Ry--

·
Banned
125 Posts
Ryan Schnitz said:
Bike has to be running to download and retract maps from ZX-10 because the Power Commander gets power from the fuel pump.

In order to adjust the buttons you either have to plug in the power adapter with a 9 volt battery, or hold down all three buttons, turn the key on, release the buttons and start the bike. Now adjust the low, mid or high to your desired position.

To remove the airbox, disconnect all hoses and connectors. Remove bolts, then twist to the right (clockwise 1/4 turn) then up.

Hope that helps

Ry--
sorry to thread jack

Mr. Ryan Schnitz , could you please help us all out in another post . It concerns the PAIR , KLEEN or AIS valve to the crank case mod . I also saw some reference to this on your site . Here is the link below . Thanks for your time .

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3554

1 - 8 of 8 Posts