Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm pretty sure I'm posting this in the right section but I was just wondering if anyone could give me the low down on what model I need or if I buy it used and have it installed for me do I need the disc or USB cable I've been reading about? I was looking to get a power commander 3 for money reasons. Any info would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Why do you feel you need the power commander? If you just have a slip on exhaust its not really needed. I also see you are gonna go with the the pcIII to save money, but the pcv is quite a bit better. Plus if you do have a lot of mods you are going to need more money for a custom tune to actually get the benefits of having the power commander.

As far as needing the disc i dont believe that you do, you should be able to download any info you need from power commanders website. Also the cable is a fairly generic usb cable with micro usb or similar connector. I would think you could find a cable fairly easy as well. Do not hold me 100% on either of those last statements though, I don't have a pcIII mine is a v, but i feel pretty confindent.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Have you actually looked at dynojet's website for the model number you need? The PC3 has been discontinued for that model and won't really save you any money on it. It's $275 new for a PCV anyways.

Yes, you need the USB cable to program it. No, you don't need the disk as the software is a free download.

But if you're worried about money, skip the power commander. The only way it will be practical is if you have it tuned on a dyno. The free maps are junk and unless you've got another $250-$300 for a tuning session on top of the power commander, it's not worth he hassle.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the help guys I just wasn't sure. So if I have a slip on the PC isn't really worth it? Why?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
I appreciate the help guys I just wasn't sure. So if I have a slip on the PC isn't really worth it? Why?

A slip-on doesn't change enough to worry about tuning it. If you did, you might be able to get a couple more Hp out of it, but that requires a custom tune. More $$$.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts