Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search and read that you do not need a pc with just slip-ons...but will you need one with slip-ons and a gutted cat?

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
FAF said:
Probably as you will have better flow , especially when wide open
:iamwithst plus to really max out any HP gains that might be aquired by installing that equipment a Mapped PC is the way to go ,likely the only thing you would add without it is DB's

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Remember every bike is different, having said that I gutted the stock cat and installed a straight through baffle into the oem muffler, it revs better and accelerates quicker, and doesn't feel like it needs a tune/pc3. However I have not really tried it up top as my rear tyre is not in good condition so can't tell you how the tuning at high revs.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
The PC is not only for full system exhaust mod you can have a stock exhaust if you want with the proper dyno optimize the characteristic of the motorcyle better response on the throttle and power delivery.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
kawi1000 said:
The PC is not only for full system exhaust mod you can have a stock exhaust if you want with the proper dyno optimize the characteristic of the motorcyle better response on the throttle and power delivery.

:+1: :+1:

·
Registered
616 Posts
The Power Commander is a great tuning tool. You will be able to get the proper air fuel mixture adjusted for your bike and your location (altitude) It maximizes the setup you have if it is stock, slip on, gutted pipe, or a full system. If the air fuel mixture is off by a lot you have to have one. If it is off a little you can get away without it but it will ALWAYS be better with the PC.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm, yea, i think i will go ahead and get one. i have the bike stripped down now and just installed a tre and block off plates last night, so if im going to do it, it would be a good time now.

im going to call ivan in the morning. im hoping he can send me one with a slip-on map on it and that will get me close enough for government work. the only dyno tune place here charges $400 for the tune, which i think is steep.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts