Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

What fuel controler should I get for my 08 10R with Evo?

• Power Commander

Votes: 48 48.5%
  • Bazzaz

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • Kawasaki Race ECU

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Other?

Votes: 2 2.0%
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there are a few options... I dont have any experience with any of them. What should I put on my 08 10R to dial in the Evo system I just installed? Both have programs available for the Akra system, until I can have a shop tune it on a dyno. So what do you think?

Power Commander?

Bazzaz?

Other?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well im not gona vote. I have experience with both the kit ECU and PC III. IMHO Kit ECU is the way to go, more options and adjustment IF AND ONLY IF (and I stress this) you can find someone who knows how to tune it and tune it right (and by that I mean INTIMATE knowledege). Power commander is great cause almost anyone can tune it with a decent amount of knowledge. As far as a BAZZAZ well......... I just dont know. Im old school IMHO and nothing can replace a great hands on tuner, but thats just my 2 cents, if it were me strictly for street riding Power commander would be the choice, but thats a blind choice without really experiencing the BAZZAZ.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I would be concerned trying to find the right person to tune the kit ECU, with the power commander, I can even do it myself or try different programs myself. Its probably more between the Bazzaz and PCIII. Is the Bazzaz just as easy to use?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah, I would be concerned trying to find the right person to tune the kit ECU, with the power commander, I can even do it myself or try different programs myself. Its probably more between the Bazzaz and PCIII. Is the Bazzaz just as easy to use?
I wish I could tell you, but I have no experience with the BAZZAZ, I would think that a tuner would be more reliable than a "automated program" would. I think that a tuner could squeeze out a few more HP or make your AFR a little bit closer but like I said I have no experience with the Bazzaz so I really cant speak on its part.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a PCIII and love it (after the custom map). However, I met a guy with the Bazzaz on both his 6 and 10, and he loves it. He has the traction control and says that it works great. If I had it to do over, I would give the Bazzaz a try.

Good Luck, Steve

·
Registered
157 Posts
After reading about it in another thread, I would go with the Motty AFR tuner. For just plain tuning a bike, the Motty really looks like the best deal out there for the price considering it does on the fly tuning while you ride tuning. Its priced between the Bazzaz (higher end) and the Power Commander (lower end).

The Bazzaz does have AFR capabilities but that is an additional part you have to purchase while its included with the Motty. The PCIII has the capability to log AFR readings with add on equipment which adds to the overall price. You do have to purchase the lambda sensor for the Motty but that is an $80 part from any local auto parts store.

The only real drawbacks to the Motty unit is you can only get them from the manufacturer (that I have found so far) which is located in Hungary and the install requires splicing into the wiring harness so install is more difficult.

Bazzaz does have available traction control which neither of the other 2 have but again that adds significantly to the price and I am trying to compare the tuner aspects only. Apples to apples so to say.

Motty - http://www.afrtuner.com/

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have a PCIII and love it (after the custom map). However, I met a guy with the Bazzaz on both his 6 and 10, and he loves it. He has the traction control and says that it works great. If I had it to do over, I would give the Bazzaz a try.

Good Luck, Steve
I would too, but at the price of a Power Commander and custom tune VS. the price of a Bazzaz and the automatic tuner they are about equal. I would be curious to see some cold hard proof (dyno results) what could pull more power, for the exact same setup :dontknow:. Im not down playing the Bazzaz by any means, its got the market almost cornered on such a novel idea but dollar for dollar who would pull more??

EDIT: Im not simply talking about HP, but in todays economy MPG is a very vital part as well. A great AFR would have to come into play here IMO, for the all around best tune.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
got bazzaz on both my track and street 08 10's and no problems, really easy to tune with and had great results

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
if your just running street, go with a pc3. its the most affordable because the best option being the baz will cost a good $1500 after everything is said and done. get all your mods that impact a/f out of the way such as "removing the secondaries", pulling the ais, bmc air filter and so-on, then schedule a custom tune. that brings the total of your pc3+tune to an estimated $600.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I'm ditching my PCIII over the winter and going with Bazzaz's AFR set up. There are a few guys here who love it from what I've seen and a couple other guys that would really like to have it. OG and I think Roland have it.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
got bazzaz on both my track and street 08 10's and no problems, really easy to tune with and had great results
how much did that run you?

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
I've run both and the Bazzaz is superior to the Power Commander in many ways....you don't have to get the auto tune or traction control...

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I would choose Bazzaz, several reasons.

1.I am on my 3rd PC111 and I bet quite a few owners out there should be but dont know it, they drop maps frequently, very dissappointing and not good for a tuned engine.

2.The Bazzaz auto tune is one of the best things going, and to correct H20-50, it uses the same tools a tuner would use , a Lambda sensor and digital analysis but realtime data recording rather than a static dynanometer , it wins hands down.

3.I know the people at Bazzaz and they are professional motorsports people and not back street dyno tuners.

4. To correct Hesaves , the Bazzaz is the same price as a PC111 in its standard form but has more features , the PC111 does not let you adjust timing without adding another expensive module, it doesnt measure Lambda without another expensive module , it doesnt program quickshifting without extra expense.

5.With the autotune every time you add a modification to your bike you can tune it without wasting time and money going to a Dyno and hoping that .1.The operator knows what he is doing,2.The Dyno is accurate.3.The shop isnt fixxing your power numbers to get some extra "tuning" work.

The list goes on.

·
Accountant in training.
2,847 Posts
Bazzaz. :thumbsup:

Once I see/hear about someone putting a Bazzaz on a 1st gen, my PC3 will be gone.

Chris

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
how much did that run you?
got the bazzaz for $260 each..... thats the non-tc, model , and they work really frekn good....so easy to tune with, aint had a chance to get my afr kit on yet...been way to busy with work....but when i do i will post up the data from that as well....

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
got the bazzaz for $260 each..... thats the non-tc, model , and they work really frekn good....so easy to tune with, aint had a chance to get my afr kit on yet...been way to busy with work....but when i do i will post up the data from that as well....
how did you get it for that cheap?

·
Registered
380 Posts

2.The Bazzaz auto tune is one of the best things going, and to correct H20-50, it uses the same tools a tuner would use , a Lambda sensor and digital analysis but realtime data recording rather than a static dynanometer , it wins hands down.
I have been thinking about it more and more over the PCIII option. So if I take it to a tuner to get a custom map made (I suck at self tunning, and really dont even pretend to understand what I am doing) they would be able to tune it just as easy as a power commander?

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I have been thinking about it more and more over the PCIII option. So if I take it to a tuner to get a custom map made (I suck at self tunning, and really dont even pretend to understand what I am doing) they would be able to tune it just as easy as a power commander?
Actually, you will be able to tune it yourself if you buy the autotune option.

Once you have your target AF ratio (which for performance should be around 13.1) , you plug in that number, do a few runs and the Bazzaz will tell you what you need).

If you dont want to do it yourself, anybody who can tune a PC111 should be able to tune the Bazzaz in a 10th of the time.

if you dont buy the autotune , then the programming is virtually identical to PC111.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
I thought you needed the a/f metering system too for self tune?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts