Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry fellow's my power commander was not the problem with my ten. it tops out at 136 and at this point i do not understand what happening.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Clutch slipping? Is it redline in 6th or will it not pull at all. You should be able to hit about 136 at the top of third gear (depending on gearing and speedo calibration).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bike has 25,000 miles on it. 6 weeks ago it would top out according to speedo 181 mph. clutch not slipping at all, bike will just not rev. at higher rpms. i ran it threw the gears and rolled on in 6th and will not go past 136mph. rpms will not climb past 10,000 - 10,500. the higher the rpm the more power is lost. i took out power commander, tre and no change. fuel pump is very loud when key is turned on but fuel pressure checked out totally fine. valves are in spec. sparks plugs look real good. i just don't know but the problem started all the sudden. bike does not smoke nor use oil. will have compression checked next.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Have no idea, but do know it will not be a compression issue. You can bet it will have someting to do with ECU though. Save yourself some time and frustration and take to shop to do diagnosis. Squelership shouldn't charge (much) for this. Good luck. Peace:cool:

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Hows the air filter???Plugs breakin down ???How much did ya eat for dinner??lol...Kidden on the dinner part..lol

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Did you recently do an oil change? Another member filled his up to much and was losing considerable power, drained and filled to proper level and was back to normal??????????

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
why dont you unplug the battery and let it sit a bit to "reset" itself, i know cars do this with teh ecu and it has to "relearn" the driving style. just a thought. maybe even your coil packs? maybe a weak battery?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts