Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my PCIII USB plugged into py computer but the Dynojet software isn't recognizing it. I tried rebooting my computer, which has Windows 7. The PC has power through the 9v adapter. I've also tried starting the bike but it still doesn't read the PC. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,341 Posts
Try a different USB port on your computer. Make sure when you plug it in on the bottom it says installing new device

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
:+1: Try this first. When switching ports, the USB driver should update.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried all 3 USB ports. I tried using the 9v, I tried it with the ignition on, and I tried it with both... Nothing. I just bought a new cable so I'm going to try that next.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
is the bike on? the bike has to be on, as in idling. do your usb ports work for other usb plug ins? when you turn your bike on, look at the power commander, does the light come on and when you rev it up and down does the little bar lights on the side move up and down with it?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
unless the bike is running or a 9V is connected it wont read it. When you turn the key on though, there is a moment where it powers it. Watch for the a green light bar on the PC to see that it powers up. Only things are make sure that cable is pushed well into the PC otherwise it wont read. Open the PC software and it should come up.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
hit it with a hammer

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im about to! Im on the phone right now with HP. They just told me that my driver wasnt "strong enough" to run the PC. Then he said he could fix everything for a measly $159! I guess Im going to have to use a different computer??? Unless somebody knows what driver im suppose to have to run it...

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
what computer do you have? My next question after that isnt really directed for you, its a "how the fuck is driver not strong enough?" Try what BG said for it, that should work.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its an HP G62. Its cheap but the only requirements to run the PC are Windows98 or better. Im pretty sure Windows7 qualifies.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
blah, theyre full of crap. there must be something funky going on because that should still be more than enough

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Its an HP G62. Its cheap but the only requirements to run the PC are Windows98 or better. Im pretty sure Windows7 qualifies.
Click start goto computer, right click and goto manage. Expand device manager look towards the bottom and see universal serial bus controllers. See if there is a yellow hazard sign by them if so see if you can right click and update driver.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 20 of 30 Posts