Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got an 08 zx10. hotbodies mgp with an akro midpipe. i just got a power commander. is there any one out there that has a similar set up and has suggestions for which provided map is the best. i would get it dyno'd but it is way to $$$$

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Does this mean you have a full exhaust sytem or a slip on muffler with a midpipe that eliminates the cataytic conv. Go to Power Commander.com click on the map section (with your year and model bike & your type P. C.) and see if you can find an equivalent exhaust set-up. Their downloadable maps often offer a good starting point for mapping. I've done this on many bikes with different exhaust configurations with pretty good starting point results.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive downloaded the maps and installed it. i used to be able to hit 110 coming out of 1st when im really hauling. and now its down around 90 i was just wondering if anyone has used a certain map that is optimal for this set up

mgp slip on, akro mid pipe that eliminates the cat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a map uploaded but im not sure if that is the best one i could use. im looking to see if any one has a similar set up and what their mapping is

·
Registered
31 Posts
i have the hotbodies MGP slip on with the stocker boom box still attached, i was thinking of getting a power commander V as well but was just wondering if it would even be beneficial, or should i just get the two brothers racing juicebox :dontknow: what would you guys do? I dont want to have to stick the 10 on a dyno either. I am sure i will be doing more exhuast modifications in the future when money permits (i mean when my wife permits) :lol::lol::lol: Dyno jet doesnt even have a map for a hotbodies MGP so i wouldnt even know where to start.

·
Registered
462 Posts
ive downloaded the maps and installed it. i used to be able to hit 110 coming out of 1st when im really hauling. and now its down around 90 i was just wondering if anyone has used a certain map that is optimal for this set up

mgp slip on, akro mid pipe that eliminates the cat
The cat is in the collector, If you didn't replace the header... the cat is still there.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i have the hotbodies MGP slip on with the stocker boom box still attached, i was thinking of getting a power commander V as well but was just wondering if it would even be beneficial, or should i just get the two brothers racing juicebox :dontknow: what would you guys do? I dont want to have to stick the 10 on a dyno either. I am sure i will be doing more exhuast modifications in the future when money permits (i mean when my wife permits) :lol::lol::lol: Dyno jet doesnt even have a map for a hotbodies MGP so i wouldnt even know where to start.
The first thing i would do is save up for a real exhaust system, because that Hotbodies MGP is nothing but a bling, bling piece of crap that produces no power at all. Check Ebay and craigslist. You can get some pretty good deals there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The first thing i would do is save up for a real exhaust system, because that Hotbodies MGP is nothing but a bling, bling piece of crap that produces no power at all. Check Ebay and craigslist. You can get some pretty good deals there.
Ya thats a thought if you have all kinds of money to blow. Personaly i think it sounds better and i havn't had any problems with it. Opinions are opinions i guess.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Slipons are for making noise, and it is normal to have a loss in power. With the right setup you could stay even or maybe gain 1 or 2 hp, but again most will be negative.

If you want a little more power you need a full system. If you are only interested in noise a slipon will do.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Slipons are for making noise, and it is normal to have a loss in power. With the right setup you could stay even or maybe gain 1 or 2 hp, but again most will be negative.

If you want a little more power you need a full system. If you are only interested in noise a slipon will do.
Well i guess what im trying to ask is, will a power commander or a juicebox compensate for that? i havn't really noticed any power decrease though

·
Registered
609 Posts
Any exhaust including stock could be enhanced with a properly tuned pc. I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like we're talking big differences related to your changes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any exhaust including stock could be enhanced with a properly tuned pc. I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like we're talking big differences related to your changes.
Ok cool thanks man. The only thing that bothers me about slipons is the popping on decel would a pc fix that if properly tuned?

·
Registered
3 Posts
having the same problem (poping) @ 3500 with 0 throtle has anyone tryed just changing the values at the point where it pops and did it do anything?

·
Registered
1 Posts
04-05 zx10r map

HELLO FORUM!!!!

:thumbsup:

I have a 05 zx10r with the secondary throttle bodies removed, hindle sidewinder pipe,velocity stacks, bmc air filter, power commander and p/c shifter, running on 103 vp fuel. Does anyone have a map to put me close until i dyno it???? thanks for the help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts