Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Just thought I'd tell you my experience just had.

Had Akrapovic slipons on for a week and found fueling was trashed. Poor throttle response all over the place, flat spots, nightmare!

Today fitted shiny new PCIII USB and also the O2 eliminators (getting that fairing off took me forever grrrr)

Put the default map for pipe / no baffles / stock air filter straight into it from Dynojet site and holy smoke.. the bike feels like a demon posessed :)). Power is everywhere, no flat spots... front clawing up in 2nd. I never expected it to make that much difference.

Ok, not much in the way of power mods compared with most of you but im well chuffed.. Decat / BMC Air next then dyno to have it setup nicely. If anyone has just put race slipons but have not put a PCIII on do it now!!! :)

Fluke Out

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Yeah I ran that Arrow Slip on map with my Akra slip on and think it's running a bit rich...might consider trying the stock setting before the season starts considering Akra from what I understand is designed to not have to be remapped...which makes me think it's almost like the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Cover the o2 eliminators with silicon grease before you wash the bike, or ride in the wet, they have a tendency to short if they get wet, and there's no drain hole in them.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
move your secondaries....se my sig for the link

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I ran that Arrow Slip on map with my Akra slip on and think it's running a bit rich...might consider trying the stock setting before the season starts considering Akra from what I understand is designed to not have to be remapped...which makes me think it's almost like the stock exhaust.
With Akra slipons and no map the fueling was really bad, lots of flat spots... the default Akra map from dynojet wasn't bad on dyno though could be improved, at least on my bike, but gave a ton of midrange / low end improvement

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
With Akra slipons and no map the fueling was really bad, lots of flat spots... the default Akra map from dynojet wasn't bad on dyno though could be improved, at least on my bike, but gave a ton of midrange / low end improvement
I'm not sure if you're referring to the 2nd gen. but from what i've looked into Dynojet doesn't have a default Akra slip on map for the first generation. Unless they've changed something I haven't seen yet.

If you do have a map for the first gen. w/ akra slip on I'd love to get a link or something from you so I can put it on and check it out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
477 Posts
dunno why everyone thiniks that X slip on will need mapping and Y slip on does not, they are straight through pipes either way. Considering a stock bike will improve with mapping, ANY PIPE will do so also.............. as for downloading maps, just try any map for a bike like yours with a slip on, they'll be as close or as far off as any other, it doesn't matter if it's for an Akra, when you have an Arata or Micron or whatever. Have fun

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just went to the 06 zx page in power commander site and it's this one...

M222-506 European model-Akropovic bolt-on exhausts, Stock or aftermarket air filter, 2x Dynojet O2 eliminators fitted:2006 model requires 2 of part #76423015 2007 model requires 2 of part #76423021

On the dyno we compared it with a stock bike and though peak power was similar the low / midrange had a whole lot more.. without the map the low end / some of the mid was seriously rich and causing the bike to bog down especially from standing start. On the road the difference was night and day and I stayed out riding a extra hour with a big grin on my face :)

Getting my 16t front on later this week which I heard gives 5% more power... so that will be a real world 168bhp at the wheel which im very pleased with (I think this dynojet dyno is running pretty accurate as stock levels were about spot on and the extra benefit of a dj approved dyno is it 'automaps' the fueling accross the rev range at each throttle position which saves you alot of money)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dunno why everyone thiniks that X slip on will need mapping and Y slip on does not, they are straight through pipes either way. Considering a stock bike will improve with mapping, ANY PIPE will do so also.............. as for downloading maps, just try any map for a bike like yours with a slip on, they'll be as close or as far off as any other, it doesn't matter if it's for an Akra, when you have an Arata or Micron or whatever. Have fun
I'm not so sure m8, though appearing 'straight through' even similar end cans will create different back pressure due to volume sizes / the way the gases travel through the pipe.

One thing I know, all slipons will destroy the default bikes fueling and imo mapping is a good thing to get some benefit from them.. without you give away low end throttle response and just create alot of noise ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts