Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a issue with my power commander connecting to my laptop for a while, tried different cords, different laptop, nothing worked. The unit worked fine, but couldn’t connect. I contacted the company and even asked about buying the special cable to do some update, but they felt it wasn’t the problem.

So I said fuck it, and decided to try and swap the connections out. Took a old crappy camera that had the same connection and took it out with a solder gun. Opened up the power commander and carefully peeled back all the epoxy, there is 3 screws hidden. Pull it out carefully, can be a bit of a bitch lol once out cut away the epoxy and glue covering the connection. Take a fine tip solder gun, put a small flat head under the connection to put pressure, and heat up the 4 corners till it pops up. There are 5 very tiny connection in the back of it lightly solder to the board, they just pop up carefully. You can even order brand new connection for a few bucks. Anyway, old one out and new one off the camera, take it and put it where it sits in the 2 tiny holes and hold it there, make sure the 5 little pins in the back are lined up, and just take your solder gun an heat the 4 corners till the solder melts, and with the 5 pins do the same but very quickly, you’ll see it heat alsmost instantly and that’s all it takes. Then your done, recover with fresh rubber epoxy and put it back together, I did test it before hand too to make sure it worked.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts