Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,i have this serious problem to my power commander.I own it only 5 days and i dont want to believe that my money are gone.With my bike to on and the engine running,via the software of dynojet,i went to the tab update firmware,without connecting an 9v battery:lol:i browsed the 2.3.0.0 firmware and by pressing update i got an error dialog and the bike shuted down.by then the power commander was not recognized anymore,no light to the unit and my bike cant ignite anymore.i plugged a new 9v battery after half an hour and the power commander became visible to the software!Unfortunately while i was trying to RESET or to UPDATE the device with older or newer firmwares,i was receiving error dialogs from both actions.after 15 minutes the software stopped to recognize the device,propably the battery is off after 15 min?
i found this link from a guy
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81633
bu he dont explain how he recovered the device.we have the same syptoms/troubleshooting.the deale to my country cant repair it cause i purchased it from the us.

What do you encourage me to do?is there any way to unbrick the device?or i have to unistall it from my bike and send it to dynojet for reprogramming the erpom?is there any violation of the warranty after firmware failure?Also the usb reprogrammer if i will purchase it,would be my only solution to completely restoring my device?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I read the information on the link. It looks like he attempted to reload the firmware until it worked. My suggestion is to reinstall the PCIII program in the computer, use the 9V battery with the PCIII, hook the computer, and try to load the firmware. I'm computer dumb, so I hope this helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ll make you know exactly the situation.As i found,the device crashed to the firmware update,because i loaded the ignition module firmware 2.3.0.0 instead of the power commander firmware 2.3.0.0.After the crash,the device was visible and it was communicating with the software with no errors,and the serial number was visible.But i was still trying to update with the ignition firm,so i was getting error dialog(error reprogramming module 0x0002A i think).Also i couldn reset the device.(error dialog 0x00006 i think)The software,when i connect the usb cable,shows that the commander is connected but it writes that it cannot communicate the device,so i cant pass the correct firm.

It is a liitle weird that yesterday,sometime it was connected correctly with serial number showing,everything ok,but i was continuing to load the wrong firmware so the error msgs continued with no result.i afraid that now isnt communicating after loading 5-6 times the wrong firm.

does anybody sells the reprogrammer or knows a site which sells it?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I ll make you know exactly the situation.As i found,the device crashed to the firmware update,because i loaded the ignition module firmware 2.3.0.0 instead of the power commander firmware 2.3.0.0.After the crash,the device was visible and it was communicating with the software with no errors,and the serial number was visible.But i was still trying to update with the ignition firm,so i was getting error dialog(error reprogramming module 0x0002A i think).Also i couldn reset the device.(error dialog 0x00006 i think)The software,when i connect the usb cable,shows that the commander is connected but it writes that it cannot communicate the device,so i cant pass the correct firm.

It is a liitle weird that yesterday,sometime it was connected correctly with serial number showing,everything ok,but i was continuing to load the wrong firmware so the error msgs continued with no result.i afraid that now isnt communicating after loading 5-6 times the wrong firm.

does anybody sells the reprogrammer or knows a site which sells it?
Call Dynojet....

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am not from the us and the dynojet dealer from my country refuses to reprogramming it because i purchased it international

·
Registered
742 Posts
i am not from the us and the dynojet dealer from my country refuses to reprogramming it because i purchased it international
Try this:

If your I.M included the Programmer (mine did; but it was a time limited offer) try to upload the firmware through it. Instructions for this are included with the I.M as well.

If you don´t have the programmer, try to find someone who has it and borrow it.

If no one has it, is likely that that you will have to send the PCIII to Dynojet USA.
You may contact Curt Schannen ([email protected])
1-800-992-4993
He gave me some good tips when I went through some headaches upgrading my really old PCIIIusb firmware

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i dont even own an ignition module :(
thnx for the info though..if i ll find a way to make it recognisable from the software as online,i ll upload the firm and everything ok.

·
Registered
186 Posts
:hello:Firstly,relax!i faced the same problem at the past and the solution was given by www.powercommander.com.if you have purchased the pciii from DYNOMOTO(u know,DINOS NIKOLAIDIS) THE Greek importer,i think that settin'the problem there,a real solution will be given!!!:wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts