Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a little background: I just bought a 2009 ZX10-R with 2600 miles on it. The bike came with a full a akrapovic exhaust. Initially I figured the original owner would have either flashed the ecu or put a powercommander on it but they did neither. I only other thing I want to do to the performance is add an air filter. In the long run I want to reflash the ecu but I currently dont have the 3 or 4 hundred to throw into one.

**I just bought a Power Commander 3 for the Gen 3 from Ebay and was just wondering is there anything special I need to buy with it or can I just plug it up and download the map to it?

P.S. I got it for 75 bucks, just looking to get the fuel to air ratio right until I can afford a good ecu flash

·
Registered
581 Posts
You can install it and download a general map for Dynojet to upload on to your bike. The A/F will be better then stock yes. Best bet is to have it tuned on a dyno if you want it to be spot on. Also if you do not want the popping on de-acceleration you should install block off plates (low price).

The link provided has install instructions and maps for the power commander. You are looking for the map : 17-004-009

Power Commander Motorcycle Fuel Injection Tuning Module

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I tried to get that map for my bike but it won't open up in the power commander 3 program. Can you use the PCV program for the PC3?

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am do not know the answer, but if you can call there technical support they are pretty helpful in lending a hand with information and diagnose issues they may arise.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
PM me an email and I will send you some PC3 maps for Full Akrapovic.

Dynojets and Ivans, you can try em both.

And if it is a US model ZX10R I can tell you how to derestrict it easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts