Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I’m new to this site and have a question to ask or myth to clarify:
My bike is the 2015 ZX10r ABS, Traction Control, anniversary model, Canadian spec.
I have fitted a Taylormade system that removes the oxy sensor and the cat convertor.
I am seeking advice on the power commander and mapping if anyone is able.
I have been informed the latest generation ecu’s (as in my bike) are not p-commander friendly.
Has anyone had this exhaust and had a successful tuning completed using the p-commander or is there an alternative tuning device available?
Cheers
Link to exhaust fitted: http://racetaylormade.com/product/2011-2015-kawasaki-zx10r-exhaust-kit

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,760 Posts
Welcome to the party!

Yes, there's no problem using a power commander. It's plug and play. But you would be better off getting the ECU reflashed and skip the PC. There's threads for days on the topic on here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the party!

Yes, there's no problem using a power commander. It's plug and play. But you would be better off getting the ECU reflashed and skip the PC. There's threads for days on the topic on here.
Thanks for that, this would seem to be another option... possibly the better option?

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Just purchase a Woolich Racing box from me... it will let you flash and remove all the restrictions from the ECU, add in a few features to the bike it originally doesn't come with and I can set you up with a good solid base tune.

If you wanted, you go with the autotune version and the bike would tune itself.

To give you an example...

PCV: MSRP $379.95
Controls only 4 fuel injectors

Woolich Racing USB: MSRP $379.00
Controls all 8 injectors, ignition timing, secondary throttle plate mapping, fuel trim, injector balancing, not to mention actually lets you raise the rev limit (compared to hit and miss on the PCV /w their rev extend), remove certain FI codes/lights for removing air injection valves, exhaust servo motor, remove top speed limiters, remove off throttle fuel cut, etc. Obviously it varies model by model. Regardless the Woolich box lets you do more for the same cost.

The Woolich Racing stuff is even more of a deal when you start tacking things on compared to the Dynojet system.

PCV: $379.95
Ignition Module: $359.95
Secondary Fuel Module: $249.00
Quickshift sensor: $219.00
Shift rod: $30.00
PCV Map Switch: $49.95
AT-200 Autotune: $279.99
Total: $1567.84 /w no launch control not to mention all the extra add on modules and wiring you're installing on the bike

Woolich Racing Log Box (ignition timing, fuel for all eight injectors, multiple maps in the ECU, auto tuning, etc, etc, etc): $664.00
Woolich Racing Race Tools (shift rod, quickshifter and launch control): $380
Total: $1044

Don't want launch control and quickshifter?
Dynojet's comparable system would cost you $1318.84. Woolich Racing? $664.00...

Don't want autotune?
Dynojets comparable setup would cost you $1038.85... Woolich Racing? $380...

Oh yeah, those costs for the Woolich stuff don't even take into the 10% savings I give members of ZX-10R.net so take off 10% from the prices I listed above ;o)

I know there is a lot of numbers and info in there, but if you want, you can send me a PM on the forums here or use my contact info in my signature to talk to me about the system, what the system is/does and what I can do for you.

-Anthony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for this I have been in touch with the local dealer (in Ozzy) so may have my issues (bike wise that is) all sorted.
Thanks again Anthony :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts