Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who tote your bike around on a trailer, post them up! More specifically, post up what it looks like inside including any shelving, addons, cabinets, storage, etc.

I'm going to start working on mine when I get back and I'm wanting ideas for where/how to store leathers, stands, tiedowns, etc, etc. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'll have to send picks later but have you considered a pit bull trailer restraint instead of straps? I can't say enough good things about mine.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll have to send picks later but have you considered a pit bull trailer restraint instead of straps? I can't say enough good things about mine.
I've considered it but I think I can fabricate something that will do the same job for much cheaper. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts

Designed this myself to be towed behind a car, with a big storage box for tires, canopy, stands, etc.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just picked this one up about a month ago. Was thinking of the PB or some STS stands. Getting the interior wired for AC and DC lighting/power at a local tractor trailer shop.

Attachments

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Designed this myself to be towed behind a car, with a big storage box for tires, canopy, stands, etc.
Nice, always wanted to make an fzr400 with a 600 motor.

Here is my "trailer" when it was in progress.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Nice looking Blade, you've looked after that.:thumbsup:
I'll disagree on that one, mechanically it is probably in bad shape, just look at the chain... and you know what I mean, looks aren't everything... :mrgreen:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Nice looking Blade, you've looked after that.:thumbsup:
Thanks
It looked even better when I traded it towards the 05 10R.

Always liked that scheme, bought it a little beat up and just had it painted.
Fitted a 17" front, new chain, put the stock decals on the rear and a while later I had to have the 10r.

Here she is cruising deal's gap in 03 I think.

And because it was next to it on photobucket, one of me being a squid on my 94 back in 1995, yes those are shorts and I can't even believe I have no gloves on.

The 05 10R was the modern 900rr IMO when others had lost their way.
R1 was nice but I didn't want undertail exhaust.

Compare rake and trail, relative engine bore and stroke and weight to a 900rr with an erion or ontario triple tree and you can see the similarities.

I've noticed a few people are FZR600, CBR900rr then 10R owners on the board.

End threadjack- sorry about that. Memories.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Looks like you need a new chain.
Good catch but that was right after I bought the bike, had just put the body back on from paint and was test fitting the carrier.
Chain was replaced soon after and bike was traded towards the 10r back in jan 05.

Trust me, I didn't ride it much with that kinky chain, guy I bought it from had the rear tire mounted the wrong way too.:rolleyes:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Now that is dedication right there.

Let's see, I can spend $100.00 on a hitch and maybe $500 to $2500 for a trailer but I really don't want to tow with my sports car or put a hitch on it.

.....hmmm I can buy that beater honda for $1100.00 and get the sawzall out, maybe weld a brace in somwhere....I'll just put a fuel cell in the passenger seat cause no one is going to ride in this thing with me...

What is Japanese for El Camino:dontknow:

·
Registered
211 Posts

That's one way to get around . . .

Team WandL Racing.

Red, *<:){)-

·
Registered
211 Posts

This works better in California . . .

It's 55 MPH with a trailer ?

70 MPH with the van !

Less time driving.

Red, *<:){)-

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
i need one for my 08 and my 04 ranger will be fine towing around. any ideas people?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts