Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
If he tries to play with the big boys he will crash attempting to keep up. I say he plays it smart and tries to learn something. 9th at best, or third if you just count the Americans.

·
Registered
229 Posts
top ten...

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
If he tries to play with the big boys he will crash attempting to keep up. I say he plays it smart and tries to learn something. 9th at best, or third if you just count the Americans.
I think your wrong, Ben is the BIG BOY! And he will IMO dominate GP just as he did AMA , WSBK {his 1st year on tracks he has never rode on} and he will do the same next year! I however think he is not out to show he can win on Sunday he is out just testing! But I still think Ben testing is good for a 4th or at lest a top 10!

PS and just to set the record straight I said last year Ben was going to take #1 in WSBK and got flamed out on this board! soooooooooooooooooo............ I think the world has never seen the talent that Ben has!

·
Registered
286 Posts
12th :dontknow:

He wont go nuts because they are testing a few days after the GP and if he falls off in the race & injures himself then it will be a bad move.

Due to GP rules the rookies do not have enough testing time and Spies will be using this race to familiarise himself with the bike and the competition more than anything.

Take Nicky Hayden, if he had more testing time on the Ducati before the 08-09 season started he would have done a lot better this season. Sadly rookies just dont get enough time on the bikes hence why i think you should expect much from Spies this weekend. :wink:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Spies will not dominate MotoGP like he did WSBK. I hope he does well though. A top 10 finish on Sunday would be good since he is on a new bike and new tires.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Spies will not dominate MotoGP like he did WSBK. I hope he does well though. A top 10 finish on Sunday would be good since he is on a new bike and new tires.
thats what every one said when he went to WSBK! .... but he will

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
id say around 5th or better. Speis is no joke, the reason he will do great is because of his inherent ability to manage the race. if he can stay up from through the 1st half i think he will make a go for the front/mid pack guys

1 - 20 of 68 Posts