12. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Repsol Honda 1'33.456
13. Hector Barbera (SPA) Aspar Team 1'34.206
14. Marco Simoncelli (ITA) San Carlo Honda Gresini 1'34.230
15. Alvaro Bautista (SPA) Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1'34.540
16. Hiroshi Aoyama (JPN) Scot Racing Team 1'35.261

·
Registered
958 Posts
I know it's just the beginning of testing but it is unreal how fast this guy is already. He can only get better but so can the others. I have a feeling he will leave a mark on the series in his rookie season.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's nice to see Hayden that far up the list, and ahead of Pedrosa too.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
It's unreal how good Ben Spies is... I mean really? 4th already?

Like I said before, mark my works! Ben will beat Stoner and Rossi he will take the #1 plate in moto GP! .........HAHA 4th on a bike he just got! fucker is da man!!

GO BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
WOW 4th!!! for Spies. wait till they change over to 1000cc in 2011 or 2012 . Spies should own MotoGP

Wayne Gardner Thinks he might win the GP title in his first year . Ill make thread Great video

·
Registered
404 Posts
Didn't they say the only reason he wasn't doing even better was that he was taking time to get use to the new tires? He had been use to the grip the Pirelli's on his old bike had. Should be an exciting year coming up. :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Actually Drizzt In an interview in ..On the throttle .. Spies said he has to get used to the M1 being better all around ( grip, acceleration, handling ect) Which is a good thing . Its better finding higher marks than lower ones . His speed will keep getting better.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't implying the new tires were worse, just that he needed to find the grip thresholds of the newer tires. :) They made mention of him needing to keep a higher speed through the turns and get off the brakes sooner. High expectations for this guy next year for sure. :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
That makes more sence drizz lol. Did you check out Wayne Garders interview on the superbikes and Spies ? In the On the throttle interview ( there are 4 parts) you can see Spies knows his physics/ engineering on Bike set up . ( Not like the team engineer, But for a rider hes good )

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nope, didn't see it. I'll have to check it out over lunch. Thanks.

Have a specific link?

He's going to have to come up with new animal names for the new tracks right? ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts