Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the gen 2 and I am having some engine problems. A new problem I have come across is oil coming up from the crankcase and in to the air box.Has any one else experienced this problem before? Would a I opened air box cause this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the oil checks out,could it be anything else like bad crank seals, tight valves or a bent crank possibly ?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
A small amount of oil film and/or small droplets in the airbox is normal. More than that and it's either too much oil or bad piston rings. Too much blowby on the pistons causes the over pressure.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Positive crank case pressure comes from blow by from the rings. As stated above excessive oil level will also cause oil to push out but only during very high RPM situations where the motor gets hot. Example is a Dyno session. I've ran the same oil levels for years with no problem but a dyno session had my 10R puking oil like a bitch! But we all know a dyno session is EXTREME abuse on a motor that they seldom if ever see in the real world. Hope this helps.. The best way for you to know what's going on is to do a cylinder leak down test. FYI..... Don't do this is you don't deal with bad news well! Most times a leak down ruins my day/week/month/year!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts