Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever noticed that the poser squids that have no skill seem to be the ones that customize their bikes the most ?

LOL

Always talking & packing more junk on their bike that don't make it faster and just attract other squids ?

LOL :eyecrazy:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Dude- between the tires and decals, you know this bike is fast.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was taught by my late Uncle Botch R.I.P ( A Hell's Angel out of Sonoma, CA) that a SQUID is a rider that chooses not to wear any gear. He always rocked his Colors on his jacket, lidded up and gloves.
I believed him.

BTW- YOUR GIXXER LOOKS FUGGIN DOPE BRO!!!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
alteredZX-10 said:
so since i have a totally custom GSXR 1000 this makes me a squid uhh???
Yup,lol:spit:

When you add stuff that makes a difference I would say not. So we will make an aception for you.. And allot of show bikes have that stuff but it is for show purposes only so I wouldn't call them a squid, there is a fine like I think though.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Having a tricked out bike does'nt make a squid. Talking shit and not able to back it up is the real squid. If the bike has something that you wish you had does'nt make you a "squid hater", but it does make you a "STRAIGHT-UP HATER"

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I've always known it to come from squirrley kid - squid.

It can mean what you want but usually new un-sure rider. The gear bit fits though plenty of seasoned riders choose to take chances for temporary comfort or freedom.

He did add poser in there- ride to starbucks or bike night and back and then garage it til next time.

The guy in Conspiracy's signature GIF looks pretty squidly to me!

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I had to: It's just wikipedia though, so.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid(motorcycle)

A squid is an irresponsible motorcyclist. The term is derogatory and common among motorcyclists in the United States and is generally associated with a new or reckless motorcyclist seen riding erratically and/or beyond his or her capabilities, often without appropriate riding gear.

The origin of the word is varyingly attributed:

A contraction of:
"Squirreley" and "kid" (possibly taken from California surfing culture), or
"Squished" and "kid"

Even better- http://www.answers.com/topic/squid-motorcycle

·
Registered
255 Posts
Here locally we call people that run their mouth and cant back it up squirrel's.

Because when the pace picks up they tend to ride in a stupid ass zig zag pattern on the road trying to show off.

I see a poser as a person who likes to look good and usually says nothing and stays out the way when the pace does pick up.

just my opinion

But what realy sucks is when you run into somene that is both --- thats just pure hell to me to have to see and hear the ass

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I'm lucky, live in California and in a Squid Free Zone. Only ride the tops of the Sierra range (squids aren't up to making the trip) and the severe rough back roads (no one is there to see a squid so they don't have incentive to be there either). Woo Hoo, life is goood RoK On :)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
louemc said:
I'm lucky, live in California and in a Squid Free Zone. Only ride the tops of the Sierra range (squids aren't up to making the trip) and the severe rough back roads (no one is there to see a squid so they don't have incentive to be there either). Woo Hoo, life is goood RoK On :)
I'm in the middle of Squidville SoCal. We have the extremes here, we have club racers practicing at Palomar Mountain or straight-up bikenite and barbecque poser crew. There is nothing in between except for CHP...:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

·
Registered
465 Posts
alteredZX-10 said:
so since i have a totally custom GSXR 1000 this makes me a squid uhh???

It is all personal, you do what makes you feel good. That is what riding is all about. Everyone is an individual. If you like polka-dots that is alright.. Peace :cool:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Ya know the scene in "Bachelor Party" where they steal and modify the porsche........close as I could find.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
alteredZX-10 said:
just make sure you have the fuzzy dice in the rear view mirror. and the aftermarket horn.
:mrgreen: :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts