Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be getting a GIPro, gonna have the tank off so I thought what else could I do while the tank is out?????

Secondary Butterflies???

New air filter? Thought about BMC street/race. Got a set of OEM exhaust cans with AR baffles that I am going to shorten.....so dont know which filter.

Anything else worth doing while I gots her opened up?????:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
hesaves is diggin in on the butterflies right now (you prolly seen the thread).

You have PCIII yet? If you don't you might wanna think about it if you're gonna be doing a bunch of tinkering.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Yeah go ahead w/ the filter change y your under there
BMC/Pipercross is Cool. Street /Race Versions are up to you.
If you remove the flies u WILL need to re-map the bike so u will need a PCIII .

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hesaves is diggin in on the butterflies right now (you prolly seen the thread).

You have PCIII yet? If you don't you might wanna think about it if you're gonna be doing a bunch of tinkering.
yeah, been reading the thread on the butterflies. Dont have powercommander as of yet. Puttin the mods on slowly, probably be something I need to do.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah go ahead w/ the filter change y your under there
BMC/Pipercross is Cool. Street /Race Versions are up to you.
If you remove the flies u WILL need to re-map the bike so u will need a PCIII .
Not sure on which filter street/race...or if it will make a difference. Modding the exhaust cans with the 5 inch cut down with AR baffles. Will probably lower restricition out the exhaust.
Anyone know where to get a mid pipe??? Thought about having a local guy fab one up.
Also been lookin at the HR exhaust system. I like the tucked under exhaust, so, I like their low mount exhaust not the side mount.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Not sure on which filter street/race...or if it will make a difference. Modding the exhaust cans with the 5 inch cut down with AR baffles. Will probably lower restricition out the exhaust.
Also been lookin at the HR exhaust system. I like the tucked under exhaust, so, I like their low mount exhaust not the side mount.

Most have the race but, Im dont know the diff. One may outflow the other by a lil.

The exhaust i would cut it that much maybe 2-3" would be fine. Or like u said just but the HR system.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Anyone know where to get a mid pipe??? Thought about having a local guy fab one up.
Arrow makes a mid pipe, have heard of guys buying it on Ebay. I use BMC race filter. While tank is up (tank is easy to take off at any time) either flip reed valves or install block-offs.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
first off, you dont NEED to remap for the butterflies or the race filter but a custom dyno map helps any bike no matter what the mods.
so while youre down there throw in another air filter, bmc race if you want but if not just check up on the stock filter which is a great filter to begin with but not reusable. oh and while your at it consider disconnecting the exhaust valve, see the how-to section for that. if youd like to make a project out of it considering youre putting a new pipe on id take the time to flip the reeds and remove the AIS. just my .02

eh edouble, i like your sig man.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Actually I think BMC Race recommends a remap with that filter.
Street version now power gains.
Race version a small gain. That's what the dyno showed on my machine.
A&R baffles with a Race filter you would need a remap. That is the same set-up I ran for a year but only with the addition of a knocked-out cat. Remap made all the difference in the world, and was a 7 hp gain. You are running pretty lean without it and my bike ran like shit compaired to remap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts