Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going thru some of my gear the other day. Now I have 3 or 4 jackets icon, joe rocket, alpinestars and gloves basically the same way. Now every single joe rocket item I own has a tear or seam the came apart somewhere. The glove has a tear on the inside of my pinky finger, my jacket has both seams on the forearms torn open a few inches. This is normal usage and wasn't from a fall or anything of the sort, very disappointed to say the least as they are not old or heavily used. Figured I'd see if anyone had similar experiences with the quality.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I had a JR textile that they replaced because of a seam...have had JR textile and leather jackets for the last couple of years (along with leather pants) and that was the only problem. I had a get-off with a textile and the JR held up GREAT!

Never tried the other JR stuff, A* boots & gloves, Sidi boots, Shoei helmet.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i recently bought a joe rocket leather..wore it for i week and the zipper on the wrist broke didnt make to big of a deal but then 1 week later the other zipper on the wrist broke i paid 500 bucks for that leather so i broght it back to the store and they said they didnt have my size so they neede to wait for a new one ...i waited for 1 month still no jacket i got tired of waiting and got me a icon and i like it alot better than joe rocket and my gloves i had were joe rocket and they had a ripp by the velcro.. whats going on joe?

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
The Mrs bought herself a Joe Rocket ladies textile jacket and matching gloves - they seem to be really high quality. I guess only time will tell...

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I have a speedmaster jacket and gloves from JR that I bought when I got my 10 on 04 and there still in great shape.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
the only tears i've had with my rocket leathers was when they were cut off me in the trauma room.....sent a letter to joe and the next thing i know i received a brand new set of leathers free....btw alpinestars did the same about my gloves as well....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
NO JR for me... So far so good with Icon

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I'm going to try to get another summer out of my Speedmaster jacket, but i'll be in the market for a 1-pc soon and im leaning heavily towards the Arlen Ness gear.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Only problem with Icon is they only have street gear no track gear.
I know. I am looking for some 1/4 mile track gear. I might just get some leather pants and use my one Icon leather jacket unless I can get a good deal on a suit or something...

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Well I am on my third pair of alpinestar gloves and I always seem to get a tear in one of the fingers. So I'm done with them.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
after my crash. I'm sticking with joe. I went off the road and into the desert. everything held up.
Everything but rocketracermike! :mrgreen:

Well I am on my third pair of alpinestar gloves and I always seem to get a tear in one of the fingers. So I'm done with them.
I was told by some old racers that you get what you pay for in leather; don't skimp! I skimped and had some gloves tear up during a 80 mph asphalt slide....but my A* GP Plus Gloves are niiiiice. I could spend more, but I have spent waaay less with unacceptable results. Also, A* are one of the FEW that have a glove large enough to fit my hand confortably. You know what they say about big hands....

YEP...

BIG GLOVES! :thefinger

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
lol:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Have had many Joe Rocket and First Gear jackets and pants, and had no issues... but my world (and my bank account -- sh*ts expensive) when I switched to Vanson.

I much prefer my full leather hurrican (perf leather) over the Joe Rocket mesh any day and there is no comparison when it comes to the quality.

But it's all about how much cash you have to spend. I have a 2 sets -- 1 jacket and pants for hot days another for everything in between -- and if you add in the armor I've got around $2,000 invested (not counting boots, helmet or gloves).

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've had my JR Leather Kaw Factory Racing jacket for 2 years.It's the best jacket I've ever had.Very comfortable no problems at all.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I've crashed my JR jacket twice and it's holding up fine. The zipper on the left wrist just recently broke but I can live with that.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts