Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that has a 2005 ZX 12 r. He keeps talking crap like it is the fasest bike ever, dogging me and my 2006 zx10r. i know he has it upstairs, like it will do 186mph, but I really dont care about that more of the 0-60 and the roll on. what i have read the 10 r puts down better time than his bike in the 1/4 and about a .10 faster 0-60. He is one of those types that thinks he has the best of everything. Can anyone chime in and tell me if i got it right that I could beat him on the "streets" not top end runs. I mean people with real life dealings of this.:dontknow:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hey dood your bike will do an indicated 186 bone stocker plus a few in case ya dint know

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
dont mess with the 12r on the hwy he will leave you !!! bigbore bikes have more steam past 150-160mph!!! and the 12r can easly hit 190mph+ with right mods.......

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
This might seem harsh, but why not just go out and give it all you got in trying to shut him up. If you win then hooray, if you lose oh well. Both bikes were built with 2 totally different purposes in mind. But that's just my .02

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i was thinking that, and I tried to explain to him he has a sport tourer bike, and mine is meant for track use. Just tired of nit picking bs, I really dont want to find top end of this bike, i have been to 170 mph on a buddy's ZX11, and from that I really dont want to go that fast. He wants a 1/5 throttle a PC3 and he already has a Scorpin Slip on. I am bone stock, just picked it up like 10 days ago, already built a fender elimanator. its kinda hard to get on it hard during break in, I am not wussy breaking it in but not balls to the wall either. I have 350 miles on it so far.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Well, wait til about 500-600 miles, change the oil, take him to some twisty bits (considering your at least half way decent in em') and drop his overweight arse like a bad habit.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
oneradten said:
dont mess with the 12r on the hwy he will leave you !!! bigbore bikes have more steam past 150-160mph!!! and the 12r can easly hit 190mph+ with right mods.......
wrong......while i've only had experience with one zx12 i managed to come home with the 'W' after 3 seperate roll-on races to 170+.

BD

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
As kickaho said theres only one way to put an end to it win or loose and thats find a fairly secluded section of road and go for it.

BD

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:+1:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
your bike will pull 186mph with stock gearing.. the zx-12 is a pig if you are the same weight as him or better yet lighter and equal riders youll pull him all the way.. good luck..

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have owned both. The 12 is a fast bike but it takes a bit more to get going.

I goes like this....."Wanna race?" SURE!. Find the snakeist road around and follow me. 10 ahead

If you only like the flat spot tire racing then you must be on your best game. above 150 (both bikes stock) you will need to twist till you get to 170. The 10 is ahead and then the 12 will come around:helmet:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I'm with BD on this one.. the two biggest factors are mods and rider. My ZX10R with me as the pilot constantly lost to an experienced 12R rider/tuner. With Pesky at the helm of my 10, it put bike lengths on the 12 with the 10 bouncing of the limiter in 6th and the 12 still not catching up when they ran out of road.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I've beat'in a 12r before....

Just go race em..... and don't worry about ur buddy the 10r is by FAR a way better machine than a 12r will ever be......

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If it were me I would definitley hand his ass to him but onebad you sound like you're lacking a bit of confidence. Your buddy sounds like the confident one and that will play a huge part in the outcome of a race like this. Break-in your bike, get comfortable with it, go -1 in the front and then bring the pain. Once you get confident with your bike don't change your demeanor continue to act like you're still not sure about it and then :deathmeta Just me .02 cents

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I would hope that he isn't planning on going for top end or for and extremely long distance, just some decent acceleration get a bit of a lead and shut it down. Take the money and run. No rematch!:headshake

1 - 20 of 23 Posts