Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals.......Well I had a pretty good weekend. Nice BBQ Saturday and on Sunday I went and bought a new 05 Suzuki C50T fully dressed cruiser...full windscreen, saddlebags, and white wall tires...lol...This is my first cruiser bike since my Yamaha RD 400 I rode from the age of 15-17.....and that wasn't really a cruiser....more like a streetfighter/cafe racer of the day.....Anyway.....very comfortable to ride....I now know the difference between riding for fun and a pleasure to to ride....the ZX10R was just terrifically fun to ride where as the C50T is a pleasure to ride.....Big comfy seat, suspension is softer then my truck...lots of leg room, and very easy to have a passenger on. I'm very happy with it. This will tide me over until i'm further along with my recovery to get the track bike. I tried sitting on another ZX10R and still wasn't able to get my right leg up onto the footpeg without using my hand for assistance...so i'll have to give it another 6 - 12 mos before thinking about a sportbike.....My orthopedic surgeon said he would clear me to return to work around mid October....so i've got plenty of riding time...lol....I promised the wife i would take her up to Julian for some pie Saturday morning so anyone up around that area this weekend keep an eye out....although i won't be that hard to see on this bike..... I took her for a little ride around town yesterday and had to ocassionally reach back with my left hand to make sure she was still there.(first time in 16 years she didn't have to reach around me and brace her hands on the gas tank...lol....she was loving the fact that it had a backrest for her...I'll post up some pics later that i took but here is a pic from the Suz website of the exact model/color etc........don't flame me too much....:mrgreen:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
werd!

Lookin good...I wanna see some real pics of you pimpin with your chaps and leather vest! :crackup:

Or road race full leathers would be funny too!

glad to hear it Pongo!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
it's not what you ride but IF you ride.. welcome back to two wheels..!!

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Wow dude, it takes some nuts to get back on a bike...any bike. Glad to see you're back at it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Pongo,

Very glad to hear you are back on your bike. You and I are a similar age and with families and all that; reading the story of your wreck and recovery made my think about, and change the way I ride. Not to get all mushy and shit, but thanks and glad to have you back on the road.

My buddy has a Volusia, same bike, it is a great ride.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys for the well wishes....i think one of the most distressing things about purchasing this bike was when i registered on suzuki riders forum...lol...I thought it was fairly squidly to list your accerssories here but those guys even list their personal riding gear as well (Tee Shirts, pants, gloves...one guy even listed his "Authentic Suzuki Valve Stem Caps"....lol) what have i done..........:mrgreen:

needless to say that i will be staying on this forum because i respect the riders here and their input.....i'm just wondering if "BD" will be able to answer the technical questions i will have regarding the finer points of a cruiser as he does with sportbikes.....:headshake j/k BD

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
busaforhire said:
it's not what you ride but IF you ride.. welcome back to two wheels..!!
:beer: enjoy

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
good to hear your getting back up and running

1 - 20 of 24 Posts