Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is getting a little tired of me leaving her behind on bike rides. Riding two up on the 10 is a little tough (a lot tough)...

I like the look of the Vulcans and the Warrior... Wondering what you all think? Any experience out there? We would be using it for day rides and stuff like that.

Any other ideas would be great.

Would like to tstay under 10,000.

Peace,
Chad

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
the vulcan 1600 is a nice bike my pops had an 04 with 38,000 on the odom. then he got hit on it. Now looking for another to fix his or buy new one.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As in my original post I am looking to get into a cruiser. I think I'm ready for a change. I would like to be able to ride with my wife not on my back.

I'm leaning towards a Yamaha Road Midnight Warrior, but am still looking for suggestions.

And yes, the 10 would have to be sold for this effort.

Chad

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
dude the star bikes are sweet. i've got my eye on a victory, though. they are sick. outside your 10k price range, but they are so nice. buddy has a victory vegas jackpot that i ride a lot, and it is so fun to cruise around on. there reliability has been sketchy, but my bud's has been 100% reliable. just some food for thought!!!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
if you want a cruiser but still want to actually ride your bike and not just sit there the suzuki boulevard m109 is an awesome bike,tons of power and alot of fun in corners.you wont be draggin knees but a very enjoyable ride

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I'm kind of agreeing with the M109R, have heard great things about those bikes...especially power wise. Have a buddy with an M50 and Cobra exhaust on it, even with full baffles in the sound of that bike amazes me.

Now if you stay true to the Kawasaki side of things...you could get the 1600 Mean Streak or a Nomad maybe...a new one is only slighty over 10 grand if you can do it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I worked at a Honda dealer for 2 years so I can tell ya:
The VTX 1800 is pretty bad ass. Pull really good in all the gears, they do seem pretty dam heavy though. The VTX 1300 is also good, I just didn't care for them. I love the VT 750!!... I'm die hard sport bike... but I would ride a VT 750 everyday if I had one.
If your really serious about riddin 2 up, and are trying to stay under $10K. I would not even "sit" on an 1800 goldwing. You will hooked instantly. I would ride one of those everyday if someone gave me one.
Anyway thats my Honda :2cents:, unfortuanley I worked at a single line dealer and never really got to ride the other brands back to back.
:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
381 Posts
Just say no to the VTX1800! That bike is a friggin tank and I don't mean that in a good way! It weighs a ton and is underpowered compared to the others plus Honda's aluminum and chrome pieces tarnish and look like crap. The M109 is okay. It puts out alot of power but it's really bulbous and handles awkwardly. If I were buying a cruiser, the only two I would even consider are the Kawasaki Mean Streak and the Yamaha Warrior. And I'd probably go with the Warrior. The Warrior handles waaay better, looks better, has more power, is belt driven, etc. You will not be disappointed with the warrior.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts