Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Does a two party system represent your views ?

• The choices represent me well

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • we need more choices to represent my views

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you think the US Voters have real voting options ?

Considering that all we see is DEM VS REP and noone else

Hell they did not even invite the third guy to the debates on TV

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
We choose from the choices that the system provides for us. The public has little effect on the way the government treats them, politically, economically, or security wise. Don't rock the boat and you will get whats coming your way. Freedom and opportunity are still here for us, albeit in a lesser capacity.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swjohnsey said:
We're twice as good as the Soviets. They only had one candidate. Hell, we have two!

All the more reason not to take what we have forgranted

I believe they had more than one party in the beginning too and look what happened.

·
I bleed Green!
2,612 Posts
CMG said:
All the more reason not to take what we have forgranted

I believe they had more than one party in the beginning too and look what happened.
We've seen throughout history, utopian philosophies are impossible to impose and totalitarianism is often the result of trying.
Hello, Soviet Union, Cuba, and Maoist China.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whispering smith said:
We've seen throughout history, utopian philosophies are impossible to impose and totalitarianism is often the result of trying.
Hello, Soviet Union, Cuba, and Maoist China.

Agree with all of that but no excuse for an imposed two oarty system

·
Registered
344 Posts
the question is not whether or not we enjoy our freedoms, but if the current system is good enough. don't read to far into it :)

I agree that the system limits our choices to the "lesser of two evils" in a lot of cases, as far down as local/municipal elections. Democrats in the House will almost guarantee the same in the big chair if people want to get anything done, a Rep President won 't have the backing from the House.

if there weren't party lines (not the good kind), this wouldn't be an issue. Dont' know about you guys, but its starting to take effect right now.

·
Registered
489 Posts
whispering smith said:
Do I have to smack down on this thread also, there's anough of this going around for all. Starting another thread to guttersnipe want help. Remember you wouldn't own a bike in the USSR not to long ago. The debate goes on.
i still don't but what about the ural. try to ride a 10 through mud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts