Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Pls read and let me know what you think

Buyer 
2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  dudewhrsmybike 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently purchased an item from a long time member here who has excellently feedback from everyone. I on the other hand had the opposite experience. It's long but pls read and let me know what you think. I hate drama but this just angers me. I have left out the person's name for now, just so I can have unbiased opinions.
It's a long read, but I have put the history of pms sent back and forth along with the times. Pls note how quickly he responds initially and how it's hard to get a hold of him after he receives paymen. I have put my thoughts in parenthesis to let u know what was going through my head the whole time.
I was looking for a mid pipe to hook a ladybird I just bought to my gen 3.
It starts with him sending me a pm

Originally Posted by xxxxx – 04/07- 3.35 am- hey man, IF a deal i have in the works goes thru for a carbon akra slipon then i'll actually have a titanium mid for you as all i want/need is the carbon hex canister...shoot me a pm if you're interested as it might help me seal the deal on my end if i know i can get rid of the mid. it'll work out for us both really..let me know something asap and please be 110% sure cause if i buy this slipon i do not want and have no use for the mid. it is in like new condition and will work perfectly with the ladybird can as i use to run an actual LB on my current akra full system. i'm almost excited now!!
(At this point I am assuming it is a gen3 link pipe because my info says my bike is a gen 3, so why should someone hit me up with a link pipe if its for another gen. I mean if someone with a gen 2 or 4 tells me they want a link pipe I will not pm them about a sweet deal on a mid for a gen3. Not logical)

xxxxxx-3.38- IF you are interested in getting the akra TI mid then i can get it and send it your way thru priority mail with tracking for around $115 shipped. they're mighty pricey brand new and this one is in mint condition. let me know and i will seal the deal with the guy and get the slipon paid for and on the way so i can finally get my hex can and you will have the needed mid to run the ladybird.

Me- 3.54- So the ladybird will fit perfectly with the link pipe? If that's the case I am definitely interested in getting it. Why don't you hook a brother up for $100 shipped. Can paypal you right away.

Xxxxxxxx-4.15- I can/will meet you closer to your end of the deal at $105 shipped if that's cool? just the $5 to cover paypal fees. and i assure you 110% without a doubt that the LB will fit and work perfectly with the akra midpipe for the slipon system. my paypal is xxxxxxr@yahoo.com or shoot me your info and i can send an invoice. the sooner i get the payment then the sooner i can go ahead and get the deal done at this end. i will have to wait for the slipon to get here but then i will get the midpipe packed up and sent your way usps priority mail with tracking. thanks man and let me konow what you think?

Me-4.25 -We have a deal. Paypal on the way! It's a gen 3 link pipe right? Thanks
(At this point I had to ask to make sure cos he said TI mid in his previous post, but I thought the gen 3 mid was steel. If it wasn’t for that I would have waited patiently for a gen 3 mid withoug realizing this guy was talking about a gen1 mid)

xxxxxx-4.27- fixing to have to turn in for the night man and get a few hours of sleep as tomm is my only day off and i have some riding to catch up on but if all goes well and thru then give me a call and/or shoot me a text xxx-xxx-xxxx tomm and we can go over the details or if you have any concerns or questions. i have pics of my bike with the actual ladybird (not the dm) can on my akra midpipe just in case and i have told the guy with the slipon to try and hold onto it until tomm if possible because i had something on the work. hope this does work out as i've been trying to get this damn can for months now!! i had to sell my carbon hex can a while back when i ran into hard times and have been missing it and wanting to get another every since.
(Notice how he did not answer the question about the mid pipe, at that time I did not think anything of it.)

Me-4.30- paypal sent.
Xxxxxx 4.31am- You rock man!!!!!!! and yessir, the mid will fit without a hutch man and it honestly looks in new condition. i just wish the guy had the hex can and the midpipe for the full system because then i could use them both!!!! i just got the payment and will get the order placed before i go to sleep here shortly. i'll pm you tomm if i don't hear back from you but have no worries man, as soon as i get the slipon here in my hands then i will seperate the mid from my can and get it on it's way to you and then shoot you the tracking. thanks again man and this worked out fuking perfectly for us both!!!!

Me-4.48- Haha. Thanks a lot man. This is indeed a very mutually beneficial arrangement, and you have my gratitude. I'm very happy you brought this to my attention.
Very good dealing with you!
(No lie I was pretty excited cos I thought I met a decent person who had both our interests in mind)

Me 5.11am- Hey, just to double check, will I be able to retain my heat shield with the link pipe you have?
Sorry I wasn't too clear earlier, but other than fitting the 3rd gen, was it the one made specifically for the gen 3? I got a bit confused cos I thought the akro link pipe for the gen 3 were all stainless steel, and I also need to retain my heat shield.
(He still hadn’t told me if it was a gen 3 mid pipe. I had to know asap cos he mentioned purchasing the goods that same day)

Xxxxxx 10.53am- Sorry for the delayed reply man but I just got up and have a few track bikes to finish up here at the house so if you can give me a little bit then I'll get all the needed info from the seller and report back to you by tonight.
(This guy still doesn’t answer my question. I mean how hard is to ask the original seller if the link pipe is for a gen3 or not. All it takes is a call or email)

Me 1.45 pm- Not a prob. Thanks man.

Xxxxxx 4.29pm- you have a number i can reach you at later? i can text or call you if that's cool. it'll be later but not too late.

Me 10.27pm- Yeah, my number is 209 346 2193. You can hit me up any time.

Xxxxxx 4/08 6.57pm- Hey man, NOT trying to avoid you or put you off but I've been busy as shit at work and home with bikes but I'll try an text you later tonight when I'm free man.

Me 4/09 – 1202 am- For sure man. Hit me up any time.
(on April 10 I sent him a txt asking again and told him if he had already purchased the pipe and it’s not for a gen 3 I will take it and resell it. I try to keep my word and not have him stuck with a pipe he doesn’t need)

Me 4/11 7.54pm- Have you been able to figure which gen the link pipe is for?

xxxxxx- 11.27pm- it's either for a gen 1 or a gen 3 but i should know 110% sure by this weekend and the pipe should be here any day or monday at the latest and then i'll know without a doubt and get it on the way to you thru priority mail for you being so patient with me. if it's from a gen 1 then it's actually a better mid as it vuts out more of the gen 3 mid, some have the O2 bung on them, and it's TI instead of stainless but i remember you stressed the point about the heatshield and that's what matters in the end.....is what you want and like so i'm hoping it's from a gen 3 and the guy just mistook the mid for TI but i have a feeling it's a gen 1 slipon. it would be worth at least slapping it on there to run the ladybird man, i bet the look AND sound of that LB would make you forget about the heat shield? ...
(At the point I have lost faith in this guy and I know he’s just thinking about himself. When he mentioned the pipe will arrive that weekend, I realized if he had paid for it earlier, he would have had it already, meaning all the time I was trying to find out what pipe it was, he hadn’t yet paid for the item. That made me also realize that he had more than enough time to find out the gen the mid was for, and if he was trying to be decent would have let me know and refunded the money. Before that I wasn’t getting on his case cos I figured he paid for it the night he told me he was going to. Note that he said he was going to pay for the item on 4/7 around 4am, but he shipped it to me on 4/18, meaning he received it around that time, hence he did not pay for it as early as he said he would. Personally I think it’s shady that he would have my money and not give the info I need. I’m pretty sure he knew it was a gen I midpipe, refused to answer my messages promptly, just so he could get what he wants.)
Me 4/12 4.20am -When I asked about the link pipe, I assumed you would contact the seller to find out prior to purchase/ shipping. Anyways, what's done is done and we'll find out when it gets here.

See less See more
#2 ·
Me 4/14 1.51am- You know what, I was thinking and went back and looked at the timing and nature of the messages between us and came to a few conclusions,
1. I implicitly understood the link pipe to be a gen 3 mid pipe since you know my bike is a gen 3, so I assumed if you gave me info about a pipe, it was gonna be a gen3 pipe.
2. Even though I assumed it will be a gen 3 pipe, when I asked you if it was a gen 3 pipe immediately after sending you money, not once did you answer the question.
3. I sent another email double checking, and after that I never heard from you for a long time.
I am pretty sure when I sent the email about not being interested if it was not a gen 3 LP, you knew it wasn't that is why you never replied till days later, when i'm assuming you finalized the deal with the who ever you were buying the item from.
I've arrived at the conclusion that if you had any bit of my interest in mind, and genuinely didn't know if it was a gen3 LP, you could have gotten in touch with the seller and informed me instead of purchasing it and telling me to wait till it is delivered before you can tell me which link pipe it was. You initially seemed very helpful, but thinking about it make it seem like you were mostly thinking about your own benefit.
With that being said, let me know if and why I'm wrong about what I'm thinking. I gave you my word about the link pipe, but the way this situation is going makes me think that this is a one sided deal. So, if its not a gen3 link pipe, keep it and refund my $105. Logically speaking why in the world would i be interested in a link pipe for another gen, when i can get a gen 3 LP for $100 on the forum.

xxxxxx- 4/18 - Midpipe is on the way 2 day priority mail tracking # 9505 5000 1966 3107 0000 98

Me 4/20/13 - Got the pipe. I will be listing it for sale soon. Thanks for sending me a pipe I don't need even I gave you a heads up long before. And great job being communicative. Suddenly take days to reply or not reply at all as soon as you got my money.
At least this whole deal worked for you and you have the pipe you want.

#5 ·
yeah thats pretty straight forward. post the guys name so we can tell im to give you your money back! you were the trusting one. he was the taking advantage one.

#10 ·
Well, person got in touch with me and wanted to set things right. He told me that all the messages I had been sending went to his spam folder. I really didn't want to deal with the whole situation, so I'm just going to post it up here for sale and recoup my cash that way. Thanks for your concern and appreciate that you took the time to read the whole thing. I know it was pretty long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.