Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to put the right side mid fairing back on and I think I am missing some spacers for the two bolts that hold the fairing to the bike (as shown by arrows)

can anyone tell me what goes on the underside of the fairing that bolts it to the bike?

and also where the top arrow is, there is a bolt that holds the frame-reenforcement (the peice that has 3 bolts and attaches the main frame to the top frame)...what size is that bolt? I think I'm missing it too...

Thanks alot

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
the bottom arrow there is a Well-Nut that can get loose and go missing...same type of nut your fairing uses..the top arrow I believe is to the frame so no issues there..that is part of the engine mounting bracket and it appears a special bolt that has threads in the middle to mount the fairing.

bloo

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had the same problem. Try looking at the kawasaki website parts diagram. It will tell you everything you need to know. peace:thumbsup:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx guys...I did look at the diagram and it does not show what on the underside of the fairing it is that the top bolt (top arrow in first pic) screws into...so I'm still confused - it doesn't go in the frame because there is already a bolt there as shown

can someone post a close up pic of this area for me to see? PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok- Got it.

Thanks to tread's post on how to remove the valve covers in the how to section...

its the circled part I was missing

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts