Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
looks fine, specially if you never wipe them down.

There aren't any signs of puddling or any large amounts of fluid coming out.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Whats that ring at the bottom of the fork leg?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Its a zip tye to tell me how much travel I am getting. WOW guys, thank you so much for making me feel better! But it is oil....so its ok to see a little bit sometimes?
Just the film of oil that gets buy the wiper- not really a leak.

I wipe them down so it doesn't attract dust and stuff to get back into the seal.

You notice it more due to the black coating on the sliders.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I was wondering what that zip tie was to lol....kinda got worried it was part of a seal but there arent any parts liek that on the seals.

they look normal tho. :)

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I was wondering what that zip tie was to lol....kinda got worried it was part of a seal but there arent any parts liek that on the seals.

they look normal tho. :)
you straihgt liners in FL wouldn't know what those zip-ties are for unless ya went around a corner..LOL

BD

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah, west palm beach only has a few turns, the air port road (great for getting arrested) or the 90 degree turns to make a left or right which are usually covered in sand form all the dump trucks.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, west palm beach only has a few turns, the air port road (great for getting arrested) or the 90 degree turns to make a left or right which are usually covered in sand form all the dump trucks.
Horrible! I would shoot myself straight away! :crackup: ( Or maybe just move somewhere else, whatever makes the most sense) :lol:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yeah, alittle is ok. In fact, when you wash your bike you should take a rag with a TINY bit of oil on it and wipe your tubes down. When you wash your bike you wash away all oil on the forks and the first time you compress your forks a seal could get pulled, ripped, or somewhat "dislodged" on the dry tube and start to leak. So you don't want a completely dry tube.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the zip is causing the film. Did it start after you put it there?
The zip tie is very loose, it has no effect on the seal. The only reason I was worried is because I had never seen it before, I understand now that the reason I see a little oil is because of the color of the fork, the black shows it easily. I will prolly clean them with WD-40 from now on! Thanks for the help guys, you can always learn something new! :cool:

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
you straihgt liners in FL wouldn't know what those zip-ties are for unless ya went around a corner..LOL

BD
:+1: :lol: Yeah you are fine, just lightly wipe them down now and then so if you do get a leak you will know. Mine was leaking so bad it was almost dripping off the bottom of the fork leg.:wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts