Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
That's pretty close to what I have my bike set up for, I just haven't set the sag on my bike yet...

I'm quite satisfied with my bike's settings, very comfortable and stable at all speeds on the street/highway.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
There are much more to setting the susp than just the tire and some clicks. These nos maybe good if you have the right spring rate for your weight.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are much more to setting the susp than just the tire and some clicks. These nos maybe good if you have the right spring rate for your weight.
yes I know

Im 140 weight,do yo good Suggested settings?

thanks

·
Registered
724 Posts
'06, I fluctuate between 155 and 162ish

Front:
Preload = 5
Rebound = 12
Comperssion = 12

Rear:
Preload = no idea...need to check
Rebound = 1 1/4
Compression = 2

I set it up for street riding...as comfy as I can get out of the suspension with good feel, not bottoming out, and not harsh.

·
Registered
413 Posts
'06, I fluctuate between 155 and 162ish

Front:
Preload = 5
Rebound = 12
Comperssion = 12

Rear:
Preload = no idea...need to check
Rebound = 1 1/4
Compression = 2

I set it up for street riding...as comfy as I can get out of the suspension with good feel, not bottoming out, and not harsh.

I weigh about the same thing, maybe a lil more on a fat day and I was wondering what others my weight were using out there for street riding. I feel like the stock set up is not right for me. The bike feels funny when hitting the twisties and I mean funny compared to how comfortable my 93 ZX7 felt in the twisties. This new 10 should feel like a dream in the curves but it doesn't. I need to get somebody to help me set up my suspension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts