Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide between JE or Wiseco, specs below, but I can't find a picture of the domes / skirts, manufacturers don't have it, no shops have both on the shelf.

If you have a picture of a Wiseco of JE piston, please post, thanks.

I'm leaning toward Wisecos, as they are lighter and have more material above the first ring land.

Thanks,
Dean

Wiseco ck157:
166 grams
.088 dome rise
.205 to first ring land
2618 alloy

JE 222111;
175 grams
.040 dome rise
.190 to first ring land
2618 alloy

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. I couldn't resist a good deal and bought the Wisecos. I'll post pics. Thanks, Dean

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice. I couldn't resist a good deal and bought the Wisecos. I'll post pics. Thanks, Dean

Staying with stock bore or o/s Dean?

CP makes nice pistons and much history in the piston business. Sorry too hear they are not supporting the other brands. A bit pricey, hope too know pretty soon if they were worth it or not finally getting closer to completion i havn't ridden a bike in a year now :( CP normally come hand polished, mine did not but will be coated anyway.

Rick

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
are those actually cp pistons for a zx10????

all the times ive ever called them they said no to zx10s.

sal from ace performance even sent them like molds of the combustion chamber and stock pistions i believe tbu they kinda put it on the back shelf.

·
Registered
64 Posts
are those actually cp pistons for a zx10????

all the times ive ever called them they said no to zx10s.

sal from ace performance even sent them like molds of the combustion chamber and stock pistions i believe tbu they kinda put it on the back shelf.
No, 3 mm 1078 cc GSXR 1k. They were not on the shelf items and took about 6 weeks to receive which was a non issue since the prior motor burped and spit pieces of the old pistons.

NM/Methanol are fun if ya know what your doing and don't get greedy hmm good advice i should had thought about that about 13 months ago :(

I just sent an e-mail to CP being a past client inquiring will let you know what I hear back at the least send them a link to here too explain.

Zx-10r are popular and should have solutions available gotta be a market out there

Rick

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, stock bore Rick. Just weighed the stock pistons, 176 grams bare.

Anyone had a ZX10 crank lightened? I got a stock crank, rods and pistons on eBay for $140 delivered, and may send the crank to Falicon for a once over.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
my buddy just got a job at JE so he is gonna hook me up with a set for my 06. I have JE in my el camino and they hold up really well especially after I have sprayed it with a 150hp shot a bunch of times and no issues. CP are really good as well but cost more

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yep, stock bore Rick. Just weighed the stock pistons, 176 grams bare.

Anyone had a ZX10 crank lightened? I got a stock crank, rods and pistons on eBay for $140 delivered, and may send the crank to Falicon for a once over.
Good deal! I luv e-bay when I'm buying but the reverse when selling...

Rick

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a stock bore Wiseco. I like the look of the scooped dish in the dome. Same deck height, 10 grams lighter than stock. The 4 were within 3 tenths of a gram, not sure on bore yet. With a thin head gasket the squish should be around .030, OEM was .036. Yee haw. With the race intake cam and a little head smoothing I'm hoping for an honest 180hp on pump gas. -Dean

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
The bowl in the center is a good plan. Puts more of the air/fuel closer to the spark plug, should give a faster burn. Nice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts