Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got a bad phone call on friday. my LT was in a really bad wreck on his harley. he was riding in town (40mph or so), he had a female turn left in front of him hitting him nearly head on. he was knocked out of his boot, flipped through the air and landed on the road. a few guys were able to pull him out of the road onto the grass, because the road was so hot it was blistering his skin. he was airlifted to a main hospital in charlotte. he suffered a crushed left ankle. broken left leg ( two places, upper and lower), 9 fractured ribs, and bruised spleen. also a fair share of road rash, along with the blistering from the pavement. they did surgery on him late friday night, to clean out the ankle, put rods in his leg bones, and had to re-attach his heal pad due to it being ripped off. they are doing surgery again today to repair his ankle. he was conscious and alert the entire time. i was able to get to see him friday night in the ER, and went to visit him again yesterday. he is in good spirits, but has a long road to recovery. it was a surreal moment for sure, seeing him like that and feeling so helpless. i have worked for him basically my entire career, beginning as my nightshift sgt, then dayshift. he was then promoted to my 1st sgt, and recently to my LT. as a fellow rider i know you guys know how bad this could have been, its hard to win against a car, then the road on top of that. we are lucky that he is still with us, please be safe. and always dress for the crash, not the ride!

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,666 Posts
Always hate to hear these stories. :headshake I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he gets back to 100% quickly.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
sucks man, hopefully he recovers quick

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I wish him the best as well.

As you all know the story with my wife the sense of helplessness is difficult to describe - I felt it for the first time in my life when she wrecked.

Please tell him the entire zx-10r community wishes him a speedy recovery.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I wish him the best as well.

As you all know the story with my wife the sense of helplessness is difficult to describe - I felt it for the first time in my life when she wrecked.

Please tell him the entire zx-10r community wishes him a speedy recovery.

:+1::helmet:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
may he have a quick recovery!

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Those injuries sound very painful. Especially since he was alert the entire time. I couldn't imagine it. While reading your post I was hoping I didn't read anything to the effect of spinal, facial or head injuries. Thank God I didn't. I pray he makes a full recovery and back to duty ASAP.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys for the kind words. i emailed him this link, hopefully to brighten his day with good thoughts! ihave been talking with him, and he is doing good. they had him upo and moving around a bit, his leg is fixed, he has a rod in both upper and lower leg bones. ribs, well not alot that can be done with those, just hurt like he!!. the main concern at this point is his heel pad. it was basically torn off, the re-attached it and are waiting to see if it survives. if not they will have to remove it again, and do some grafting. we been joking about them taking it from his a$$, and putting it on his foot...old a$$ foot! i guess that will be a change, him putting his own foot in his a$$, instead of ours! but he is in good spirits, been getting lots of visitors, as he is very well liked and respected among his co-workers. hopefully he will be coming home either late today or tomorrow. i went and looked at his bike, and i cant believe how good it survived, its hardly hurt at all. but the little kia he hit, well, its toast! sh!tty part, the girl came by th edept to ask about where her car was, and to get a copy of the report. did'nt say sh!t about the guy she nearly killed, did'nt ask one thing about him! but she got her report, and a nice safe driving award to go with it! i got some pics, i will try to get those up. thanks again guys. stay safe out there!

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here are a few pics. bike faired pretty good. front end is trashed, forks, wheel, rotor, etc. ign cover, foot controls, and rear turn signal. not one mark on the tank, primary cover/engine, bars, seat, or rear fender. i guess it hit and rolled to a stop. the front end is pushed back far enough that its basically holding itself up. its crazy how much damage it took, but the car is toast....

Attachments

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
the girl came by th edept to ask about where her car was, and to get a copy of the report. did'nt say sh!t about the guy she nearly killed, did'nt ask one thing about him! but she got her report, and a nice safe driving award to go with it!
Should have followed her out of the parking lot and arrested her for failing to signal 100 feet or wide right turn...... You get my drift......

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Should have followed her out of the parking lot and arrested her for failing to signal 100 feet or wide right turn...... You get my drift......
:+1: yeah he wrecked in the city, so they worked the wreck. i would rather highway patrol worked it, but he is still here, thats all that matters to me. just typical, people don't give a sh!t about anyone but themselves......

1 - 20 of 31 Posts