Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been having problems with my servo motor not opening up the butterfly valve. I went ahead and took off the metal plate that holds the wires. I was told that I could just take that off and the butterfly valve would stay open.

When I took off the rear set and looked, I saw a little metal tab that's on a spring by the mid pipe. It's default position is sprung down. My question is: When it's down is the butterfly valve open? Or when I push it up is the butterfly valve open? I really have no way of taking off the exhaust to see.

I've attached pics so you all can see what I'm talking about. In the second pic you can see it in the down position. In the third pic I'm pushing it up.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
When I took my exhaust off my 06 I remember it being open by default. The servo motor then "closes" the valve at higher RPM's for emission control.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
thats correct, if you leave everything off the valve will stay open the servo just closes the valve when the ecu tells it...

·
welds like he has palsy
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone take their servo off on while using a stock exhaust? Any performance difference?
Ok I'm bumping this question. I'm trying to get it fixed before the gas goes bad :wink:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
When I took my exhaust off my 06 I remember it being open by default. The servo motor then "closes" the valve at higher RPM's for emission control.
Think you got it backward, it opens the valve at higher RPM's, the noise tests take place in the lower rpms. But if you disconect the cables the valve will spring open.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts