Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
please help,what's the part number of this one?

Unlucky,i just broke my "center inner fairing" (i found this name on page 534 of service manual),but when i check its part number,i really get confused.

I checked kawasaki official website as followiing:
https://www.kawasakiepc.com/MainPageNav.cfm?cNodeID=30465

i think it maybe called 55028-0264-839 or 55028-0228-17K ,i wanna order one,but what's on hell the exactly part number of it? i have no idea what's means "COWLING,UPP,CNT,M.D,BLACK" and "COWLING,FR,S.BLACK"?

please help me,thanks a lot!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dispart this broken "center inner fairing" last week,it is just one piece black plastic,so i am afraid it can not be two parts.

·
Registered
268 Posts
You want 55028-0228-11j for flat black or 5502-80228-17k for gloss black. Those two numbers are for the upper center piece. The other number you gave 55028-0264-839 is for the center piece under the head lights

·
Registered
119 Posts
as mentioned above 11J is for flat black or greyish one and 17K is for the gloss black.
the flat black goes on the black models. The gloss one goes on the green, white and orange models. Not sure about the blue as it's not available here. You need to get this right. If the part is put on back order it will take in the order of 6 weeks from Japan. or 12 for me because the dealer got it wrong and had to reorder. I think MD means metallic diablo. Not sure about FR.

·
Registered
12 Posts
mine cracked also. and the result was the most annoying buzz/ rattle at certain rpms. i tore it down and found out what it was. and have been searchin all over for a new one. to bad oem is 90 bucks... either way glad to see some informative material on that ba$terd plastic cowling piece.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its the best proof the green 10r have more power than black,blue or the orange one, because our green monster just start to rip itself for pieces....congratulations mate!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts