Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the engine off a 1999 ZX-750 could be made to fit on a 1989 ZX-10 e-frame? The 89 ZX-10 I have is in really nice condition but the engine had a problem when I bought the bike and some of the parts are missing off the top of the engine and I don't know where to find anything for a bike this old. I've already looked on ebay and haven't had any luck thus far. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

· Registered
1,934 Posts
I would scour craiglist as well, possibly use searchtempest- a craigslist search spread out ver however many miles you are willing to travel.

As for the actual work, my guess is you would need to be either really good with a welder or really good with a hammer.

· Chickenstrip Eater
4,084 Posts
You can fit a moped motor in a Goldwing, just gotta have the time, materials, and money. Money usually being the #1 factor. Motor swaps were common back during the UJM days, but usually it involved shoe horning a bigger motor into a smaller frame. With the old bikes it should be a matter of offset mounts with correct spacers and making sure the driveline lines up-front sprocket inline with the rear sprocket. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.