Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put 2200.00 in having a motor put in my bike.got it from salvage yard.bike has been running good for the past couple of months since i had the motor put on.never has smoked.i took the secondarys out a about a month ago and it still didnt smoke.well last week it all the sudden started smoking.when its idling it dont smoke it starts when you give it gas and then clears up.basically if you sit there and blip the throtte it smokes when you do it.it is like a blue smoke.i took plugs out today cleaned them and put them back one plug was loose.there was no oil in the airbox.any ideals.thank you in advance

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
yea blue smoke is indicative of oil burning.

what was the mileage on the motor before install?
mileage since install?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
You do not even have a PCIII on the bike?, and is that a exhuast I see in your avatar.
I am going to go out on a limb and say your fuel map is way off, thats probably why you are getting a little smoke on throttle. But you did buy a salvage engine, so you have no idea to the history of the engine, so it could be fried rings

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are the spark plugs dark and grease? if so might be oil. take a pic. also check the exhaust. if any of them are cold to the touch and the others are hot when turn off. might be the rings
the spark plugs were a little dark but was not like oily or anything,and all the pipes are hot

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You do not even have a PCIII on the bike?, and is that a exhuast I see in your avatar.
I am going to go out on a limb and say your fuel map is way off, thats probably why you are getting a little smoke on throttle. But you did buy a salvage engine, so you have no idea to the history of the engine, so it could be fried rings
i do have a power commander and a custom map but was mapped before took out secondarys,

·
Registered
598 Posts
Check your oil level over time. If you are losing oil then it’s probably your rings. If there is smoke at start up it could be your valve seals (but that is unlikely). As others have mentioned it could be fuel related too, but that is also unlikely if you are running stock fueling. Your best bet may be to take it to the shop.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i went out this morning and started bike it took a couple of times and started let it run for a minute and hit gas it was flutering feeling and sounding then died and wont start back up it just cranks.called the guy at the shop who put motor in and told him what it was doing and that i took the plugs out and cleaned them and stuck them in and about it not starting and he said the plugs are fowled and that you can clean them you have to replace them i asked what will foul them out and told him i took the secondarys out and he said that taking them out can cause the plugs to foul.what is your guys take on that.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
naw, dont credit this problem to removing the secondaries. is your FI light blinking?? i hope so it would make Dx the problem much easier.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
sounds likes you are rich to me ,i know that you need to retune after the flies are out and get you 2 stock short airbox stacks while you are at it and a race air filter should help it to run better just my .02 cent

1 - 20 of 38 Posts