Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone......

I'm new to this site, but I've had my ZX10R for over a year. Damn fine bike. The best I've ever ridden - street or track.

Anyway, last week I was doing some rather arggessive canyon riding and while negotiating a fast left hand sweeper, the peg feeler thingy AND about 1/3rd of the left peg broke off. I nearly died. :eyecrazy: my question is this:

Does ANYONE know where to get OEM replacement pegs, not rearsets, for the ZX10? I NEED a new left peg (track day coming up), and would prefer to replce the right side as well. But I don't want to get rearsets just yet. I know Vortex and EMGO make them but neither is available yet...

Another option is I could buy your shifter side OEM peg if you have rear sets instlled......anyone wanna sell their OEM shifter side peg???

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
where are you located?? I have a complete OEM set i'll LOAN you until you get new ones.

BD

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a org. left peg You can have for free.

Live on the other side of the pond so You have to pay shipping, probably ~$12-15.

Also have a new pair of black Protek pegs still in box. Retails $51, You can have'em for $35 + ship.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big Daddy said:
where are you located?? I have a complete OEM set i'll LOAN you until you get new ones.

BD
Hey Big Daddy....I'm in San Jose Ca.....not exactly close enough for a comfortable "loan"...but thank you for offering..... :smile:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
majtii said:
I have a org. left peg You can have for free.

Live on the other side of the pond so You have to pay shipping, probably ~$12-15.

Also have a new pair of black Protek pegs still in box. Retails $51, You can have'em for $35 + ship.

Are you sure the Protek pegs fit the OEM brackets? That is a company I already tried. My local dealer said they are not available yet. It might be better if you gave me the part # so I can get them here in the U.S......do you have a paypal account? We might be able to work something out. The only reason I hesitite is because I need the peg(s) for a track day on the 30th of this month and I'm not sure it would get here in time.....but it's worth exploring. And thank you VERY much for this..... :smile:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Zed10R said:
Hey Big Daddy....I'm in San Jose Ca.....not exactly close enough for a comfortable "loan"...but thank you for offering..... :smile:
Hey i've loaned out the left one twice already to peeps on Ca that were in need just like you, but hey its your call.

Hell i moved to Reno from SJ in 80.

BD

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
i broke my left peg when my 10 since it had 54 miles on it and have been riding like that ever since. i need a left peg too if anyone has one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yep, Proteks fits allright. Use them on my own bike. Not the best quality on pic but...

Paypal is no probz. With express You should have them in 5-7 days.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I bought a rearset from a guy here, but they haven't shown up yet. I need to get a left peg also. I have about 1/3 of the original peg left. BOOO!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Big Daddy said:
Hey i've loaned out the left one twice already to peeps on Ca that were in need just like you, but hey its your call.

Hell i moved to Reno from SJ in 80.

BD
OK Big Daddy.....I'll take you up on your offer.....I WILL return it to you when my replacements come in. Can I give you a private message on this forum?? I don't see the link, but I'll look around....

thanks again....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ground Zero said:
I have an OEM set on the shelf as well. I would be willing to loan you the left peg as well until yours come in. Shouldn't have to miss a track day because of a stupid peg. Let me know.
Hey - I think I might work someting out with bid daddy......he's a little closer to me and therefore less $$ for shipping and less time getting it here and then back to him.

I sincerely thank you for the offer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ground Zero said:
I wonder if any other forum comes to the plate to help out members like this???... especially new ones.
I doubt it...you guys seriously KICK ASS!! I cannot express my gratitude for the assitance I have gotten so quickly. This site is GREAT!!

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
I replace my for a differant reason. i got my pit bull rear stand. i stood up and felt the stock pegs flex. i know we don't stand on our pegs alot, but i just didn't like that feeling. cheap pot metal.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Zed10R said:
Hey - I think I might work someting out with bid daddy......he's a little closer to me and therefore less $$ for shipping and less time getting it here and then back to him.
PM sent.........in order to send a PM just click someone's username and you'll get a menu.

BD

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Big Daddy is the man. If you guys look though, i have posted that when i ran into this problem earlier, I found on ebay a set of pegs for $36 shipped.

guys email: [email protected]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RickRoush03 said:
Big Daddy is the man. If you guys look though, i have posted that when i ran into this problem earlier, I found on ebay a set of pegs for $36 shipped.

guys email: [email protected]
Big Daddy's the man allright. :thumbsup:

Those pegs are no longer on Ebay. I tried that option before I resorted to a "loaner" set.....I've ordered the Protek slash cut OEM replacement pegs, so as soon as they ship out (some how no one knows when that will happen:angryfire) I'll be set.....Sato or Gilles will be on there eventually.......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts